Author Topic: Pole wraps  (Read 1759 times)
LucasColley

View Posts
View Gallery

Pole wraps « on: May 04, 2020, 11:56:48 PM » Author: LucasColley
Hey everyone, I just thought I’d share something I find kinda neat. My power company (Dominion Energy) maintains streets lights in my area and if one goes out they will put a wrap on the pole saying that it needs to be fixed. Such as an overhead repair issue, underground repair issue, or even an underground cable damaged issue. I put some pictures of them as well. The pole wraps only go on if the light will still not turn on after a bulb or photocell replacement. And does your power company do this? Let me know.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 12:03:17 AM by LucasColley » Logged
paintballer22

View Posts
View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: Pole wraps « Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 06:55:51 PM » Author: paintballer22
No, the lights stay out for forever unless it's reported.
LucasColley

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pole wraps « Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 04:22:00 PM » Author: LucasColley
No, the lights stay out for forever unless it's reported.

Ok. Same here. Usually takes 2 weeks for a repair and 45 or more days for a cable replacement
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pole wraps « Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 04:32:21 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Eversource doesn’t do this. Fixtures have to be reported through the WMS.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

LucasColley

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pole wraps « Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 04:33:44 PM » Author: LucasColley
Eversource doesn’t do this. Fixtures have to be reported through the WMS.

I can just call or fill out an online form to report the light. They usually inspect it the day after it’s reported.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Pole wraps « Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 05:25:32 PM » Author: Cole D.
Yeah, here you have to report it too. There's a map with the light locations that you can mark it as out or dayburning, or whatever. My experience is often times they don't get fixed though even after reporting it.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

LucasColley

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pole wraps « Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 05:46:16 PM » Author: LucasColley
Yeah, here you have to report it too. There's a map with the light locations that you can mark it as out or dayburning, or whatever. My experience is often times they don't get fixed though even after reporting it.

I wish dominion would have a map
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pole wraps « Reply #7 on: June 07, 2020, 04:04:00 AM » Author: Michael
My colleagues/ workmates do sometimes wrap a red or white tape around the service door of the lamp post to signalize that there is something wrong with it. Also the police is wrapping their “police” tape around the pole if the pole’s got hit by a vehicle. 
LucasColley

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pole wraps « Reply #8 on: June 07, 2020, 07:23:06 PM » Author: LucasColley
My colleagues/ workmates do sometimes wrap a red or white tape around the service door of the lamp post to signalize that there is something wrong with it. Also the police is wrapping their “police” tape around the pole if the pole’s got hit by a vehicle. 

Better than nothing tho. They put a work request number on the pole wraps and you can check the status of the issue.
Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pole wraps « Reply #9 on: June 12, 2020, 12:09:35 PM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
The Power company in my area put an"X" on a pole in my yard, meaning it must be replaced.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies