Author Topic: Pictures of abandoned Factories  (Read 3253 times)
Mschulz90

View Posts
View Gallery

Pictures of abandoned Factories « on: May 14, 2020, 05:32:45 PM » Author: Mschulz90
Hi LG-Community

I'm very interested in old and abandoned Lamp-Factories. I like it to see the old machines in this factories. At the last five years a lot of Lamp-Factories in Europe were closed (Roosendaal, Hamilton, Terneuzen, Karlskrona, Chalon/Saone, Lommel, Augsburg and Tienen/only production). I think it's sad if the factories one day get demolished and there are no pictures of the inside and the machines in the last days of these great historic factories. Perhaps somebody of the community worked at one of the great lamp-factories or know websites where are pictures or videos of these factories after they were closed. I think it's very interesting to see a closed tube-glass factory with a cold danner-pipe or production lines. If a factory is demolished it's too late to take pictures.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Pictures of abandoned Factories « Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 05:53:32 PM » Author: Rommie
That would be interesting. James has some very interesting history including photos of factories on Lamptech, see here.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pictures of abandoned Factories « Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 04:39:17 PM » Author: James
Normally in almost all cases, when these factories close down the production equipment is completely removed and sold on if possible, or in nearly all cases is scrapped.  Even though the buildings may stand for many years afterwards, its incredibly rare to still find machinery present.

Ria already provided a link to my site which shows some photos of factories before and during closure.

I do also have photos of many of the Philips factories you mention, but did not yet get time to write the pages for those.  And since I work in Sylvania Tienen I of course took many photos and videos of the production there before it stopped!  I think it will take me some time to get around to writing up the histories of these places, so if you wish I can email what photos I did already manage to save.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Pictures of abandoned Factories « Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 01:49:23 AM » Author: dor123
Eltam Ein-Hashofet factory, which located at Kibbutz Ein-Hashofet, Israel, recently closed down due to the LED madness. This factory produced gears for fluorescent and HID lamps.
Here is a picture of the factory, when it was still operated.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 01:52:32 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pictures of abandoned Factories « Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 03:10:56 AM » Author: Michael
There are some photos I took in 2013 of the now closed down incandescent lamp factory in Switzerland.
Mschulz90

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pictures of abandoned Factories « Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 05:18:20 PM » Author: Mschulz90
Thank you for your informations.
I know James website, it's one of my favorites, i look weekly for updates on this online-museum. Thank you James for your work with Lamptech. I don't need the photos now, think it's more interesting to wait until they are on Lamptech with a story behind.
Are the machines in Tienen no more in the production-building? Do you know when Tienen stop the production of indcredescent-bulbs? I've seen the last belgian Sylvania incredescent-lamps in the early 00 years. In the mid and late 00 years i've seen this bulbs from the Lyon-factory in France.
James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Pictures of abandoned Factories « Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 05:56:38 PM » Author: James
Thanks for your kind words!  The production building is still occupied, but we kept maybe only about 20% of this for the continued operations.  The rest is leased out and used as warehouse space.  Incandescent manufacturing in Tienen ran from 1977 until 2003, when three high speed A60 lines were transferred to Kairouan in Tunisia.  Lyon was closed in June 2005 and also relocated to Kairouan, which was itself closed in 2017.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Pictures of abandoned Factories « Reply #7 on: May 31, 2020, 06:40:02 PM » Author: Rommie
Is any discharge lighting still made where you are, James..? It will be a sad day when all HID manufacture finally ends  :sadbulb: :'(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Pictures of abandoned Factories « Reply #8 on: June 01, 2020, 05:23:15 PM » Author: Binarix128
Is any discharge lighting still made where you are, James..? It will be a sad day when all HID manufacture finally ends  :sadbulb: :'(
Sadly, the only place that still made HIDs is such country started with "C", my last "C" bulb dates from 2018.
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Pictures of abandoned Factories « Reply #9 on: June 01, 2020, 05:25:59 PM » Author: Binarix128
It will be very interesting to see pictures of PHILIPS and GE factories in Chile, I only know that PHILIPS one is located in Santiago, but there's no more info or pictures.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies