Author Topic: Update on LPS fixture sales (sort of).  (Read 209 times)
mdcastle

View Posts
View Gallery

mdcastle 26956281@N02
Update on LPS fixture sales (sort of). « on: May 20, 2020, 03:53:57 PM » Author: mdcastle
So as you probably all know I have probably the world's largest hoard of low pressure sodium fixtures  LPS bulb LPS bulb LPS bulb LPS bulb LPS bulb LPS bulb LPS bulb LPS bulb LPS bulb. Unfortunately the timing was such that winter came early and I was literally finishing stacking up my haul where they could spend the winter without damage right as the first blizzard was starting up. Well, as soon as the snow melted the coronavirus hit here and Minnesota was put under a "stay at home order" and we were only permitted to leave for work if an essential employee, to obtain food, or for outdoor recreation with social distancing. I telecommute so I was basically leaving the house once a week to get groceries.

That order has now expired, but that doesn't mean it's still a good idea to go and the expectation is that we exercise good judgement when doing so. I have pre-existing health conditions that put me at increased risk. So at this point the plan is to wait a couple of weeks longer to see if we get over the curve and it becomes less dicey to go out. Rather than "take orders" I'll probably just start listing fixtures from the top of the pile, with the understanding that I won't be offended if people want to wait for a different one. None of them have been damaged over the winter but I am anxious to sell off some this summer because I want to try to move what I have left into the garage before next winter.

Again, thanks for your support in this endeavor and understanding for the delays and your interest in my lamp and traffic signal collection.
Monte
lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: Update on LPS fixture sales (sort of). « Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 10:11:04 PM » Author: lights*plus
Glad to read that all is good! That early onset of winter was just a killer, although we're kinda used to early snows up here. Little did we know it would turn into a nightmare travel-wise.

When you say "just start listing fixtures from the top of the pile" ..do you mean on eBay?  
mdcastle

View Posts
View Gallery

mdcastle 26956281@N02
Re: Update on LPS fixture sales (sort of). « Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 08:27:18 AM » Author: mdcastle
No, listing them for sale here. Once it's obvious everyone here has what they want I'll make a decision on what to do with what's left.

I decided I really don't want to break down and re-stack the entire pile if the first person in line decided they want a fixture from the bottom and there's no cost savings in shipping multiple boxes to a person at once, which is why I decided to start just listing fixtures from the top. The 135 watt pile is separate, the SRX pile is is skewed towards the 55 watt fixtures with lamps on top but I'll try to rotate listing different types of fixtures.  

« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 08:32:55 AM by mdcastle » Logged
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Update on LPS fixture sales (sort of). « Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 02:07:28 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I am excited to finally purchase one of these 55 watt fixtures from you when the time comes.

~Owen

Color changing lamp Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps Cool Color changing lamp

Diamondback Dave

View Posts
View Gallery
David Henke

David Henke
Re: Update on LPS fixture sales (sort of). « Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 04:47:53 PM » Author: Diamondback Dave
I will be watching for those.  I just got 5 new SRX fixtures and am looking for the rest of the family.

I am, therefore I light!

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines