Author Topic: a secret I seek to learn Heeelp  (Read 2344 times)
vytautas_lamps

View Posts
View Gallery

My idol is Mylene Farmer, deal with it.

a secret I seek to learn Heeelp « on: May 13, 2020, 12:07:10 PM » Author: vytautas_lamps
Hello kind people of this gallery,

I am seeking the forsaken secret, that some of the older gallery members have used to this day to make something very special, that I am fond of and I really want to learn the secret process of it! Please, can someone tell me in detail, how the living halide do you make single word links to other uploads on this gallery? Like, when someone is saying "...if you take a look at *this* you'll understand..." and the word *this* is a blue clickable word that sends you to a respective address.. How do you do it? I want to learn it too!! Please, can someone teach me how to make a single clickable word link to a URL address???????? I am dying to learn it! I searched on internet and I just can't find any relevant results.. Please, help me!   :)
Thank you very much in advance,
Sincerely,
vytautas_lamps.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 12:08:44 PM by vytautas_lamps » Logged

New lighting technologies is a pity fest everywhere you look. From LEDs that last only for two months, to a never-ending global starvation of t8 fluorescent tubes.
We shall reinforce ourselves with good old full mercury t12s and HIDs made to surpass one's life, and give them all the middle finger ;

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: a secret I seek to learn Heeelp « Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 01:25:42 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Its actually very easy - do as in this this example code:
Code: [Select]
[url=http://lighting-gallery.net] LG [/url]
will give you a one-word link:
LG
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 01:27:14 PM by xmaslightguy » Logged

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: a secret I seek to learn Heeelp « Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 01:37:33 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
You can also find it here in the site rules and instructions section.

Administrator #5

vytautas_lamps

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: a secret I seek to learn Heeelp « Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 01:43:49 PM » Author: vytautas_lamps
Thank you guys very much for the help!!! I just edited few of my older uploads to see if it would work and it does!!! I am so happy! Thank you again!!!  ;D

New lighting technologies is a pity fest everywhere you look. From LEDs that last only for two months, to a never-ending global starvation of t8 fluorescent tubes.
We shall reinforce ourselves with good old full mercury t12s and HIDs made to surpass one's life, and give them all the middle finger ;

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: a secret I seek to learn Heeelp « Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 01:46:57 PM » Author: Rommie
Plus you can do all sorts of other things to make the link stand out, for example adding i in square brackets makes the text italic, b makes it bold and u underlines it. Follow the word with /i, /b and /u (in square brackets) to cancel the effects.

So to make a link to this image https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=4840&pos=25&pid=170136

You would enter (cut and paste so you don't make a mistake..!) [ url=https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=4840&pos=25&pid=170136 ][ u ][ b ]this link[ /b ][ /u ][ /url ] (take out the spaces in the square brackets) to get

this link

It's probably as clear as mud at this stage but study it closely and it will become second nature.

Hope this helps  :love:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

vytautas_lamps

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: a secret I seek to learn Heeelp « Reply #5 on: May 13, 2020, 01:49:33 PM » Author: vytautas_lamps
Plus you can do all sorts of other things to make the link stand out, for example adding i in square brackets makes the text italic, b makes it bold and u underlines it. Follow the word with /i, /b and /u (in square brackets) to cancel the effects.

So to make a link to this image https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=4840&pos=25&pid=170136

You would enter (cut and paste so you don't make a mistake..!) [ url=https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=4840&pos=25&pid=170136 ][ u ][ b ]this link[ /b ][ /u ][ /url ] (take out the spaces in the square brackets) to get

this link

It's probably as clear as mud at this stage but study it closely and it will become second nature.

Hope this helps  :love:

Thank you Ria! This really helps, I've been in this galery since 2014 and I never knew these hacks  :lol: Thank you again  :D :love:

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: a secret I seek to learn Heeelp « Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 02:55:14 PM » Author: joseph_125
I think the reason why a lot of the older users know how to do it was that using the
Code: [Select]
[url=https://www.lighting-gallery.net/]Lighting-Gallery[/url] format to post links in forum posts and comments used to be a rule on the site. It was mainly because the software tended to stretch out the page (like when someone posts a large image in the forum now) when a user posted a long link. The linking rule was a way to avoid that from happening.

I don't remember when it got dropped but I guess they finally fixed that bug so no more need to format links using the url tags.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: a secret I seek to learn Heeelp « Reply #7 on: May 13, 2020, 03:06:55 PM » Author: Rommie
I don't remember when it got dropped but I guess they finally fixed that bug so no more need to format links using the url tags.
I find it extremely irritating when long links get posted, especially when they are full of seemingly random letters and numbers. It's much neater to format them properly. You wouldn't think much of a company if their website put raw links up, would you..?

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies