Author Topic: Why are lag type autotransformer fluorescent ballasts rarely called HX?  (Read 486 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Why are lag type autotransformer fluorescent ballasts rarely called HX? « on: November 09, 2021, 08:16:29 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Whenever I see the term “HX” when it comes to ballasts, I see that it mostly applies to lag type HID autotransformer ballasts and NOT lag type fluorescent autotransformer ballasts. Why is this so?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why are lag type autotransformer fluorescent ballasts rarely called HX? « Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 04:27:12 AM » Author: Medved
I'm afraid nobody would really know. It just happened to evolve the way it did. Maybe because there was no need to distinguish fluorescent ballast types the way how it was needed for HID (aka does it offer some mains voltage variation suppression or not).

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies