Author Topic: DANGEROUS chinese stuff  (Read 15590 times)
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
DANGEROUS chinese stuff « on: June 05, 2020, 02:53:54 AM » Author: Binarix128
I've seen quite dangerous chinese stuff, like hair-thick wired extension cords rated for huge currents, outlet adapters without any kind of protection, failed AC to DC insulations and the most dangerous the moskito killer like in the picture below, wich is just insane!  @-@ :poof:

I have an experience with a camping light, that by some reasons that failure is common. I just put to charge my camping LED light, when I accidentally touch the antenna (the light includes a radio) when I feel a tiny shock, since I was only in socks and not perfectly insulated from ground. If the floor was not made of wood and in a second floor I must not writing this right now!  @-@ Maybe that's why when I turn on the radio while charging a notable 50hz hum is heared. When I opened it up there was a transformer, but somethink was failing. Im not a 100% sure if that was a real insulation fail or just a prank of the static electrity, wich is not the most probable since my house doesn't have any ground (also doesn't have any groun current detector and I think the breaker was placed in the neutral instead of phase, I'm very lucky I'am alive). I'll test it with a current detector screwdriver.

Have you seen or do you have any experience with dangerous chinese stuff?
takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: DANGEROUS chinese stuff « Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 03:37:42 AM » Author: takemorepills
Every single thing made in China is dangerous.
Why everything? Because it brings money into a country that is run by a racist, authoritarian government.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: DANGEROUS chinese stuff « Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 03:48:22 AM » Author: dor123
https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-159115

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: DANGEROUS chinese stuff « Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 06:10:07 PM » Author: Binarix128
I did some tests to the camping lamp, AND IT WAS SHORTED TO PHASE, as you can see in this video  @-@ @-@

Here's a second test. Seems like it have a cheap capacitive power supply, since the neon turns dimmer than if I stick it in a 220v normal outlet.  :wndr:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 07:23:28 PM by Binarix128 » Logged
Meme Pods

View Posts
View Gallery

A nice daylight CFL

UCKBWkfqE5WPMlFZmssITqPQ
Re: DANGEROUS chinese stuff « Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 08:33:29 PM » Author: Meme Pods
China is dangerous for making stuff

Down with the halogen bulbs

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: DANGEROUS chinese stuff « Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 09:13:05 PM » Author: CEB1993
I've heard many horror stories about Chinese made GE halogen lamps exploding or catching fire. The Feit T3 linear halogens from China are pretty awful too. I've heard from a LG member about one breaking and causing some damage.

Specifically, I've heard bad reviews of each of the following Chinese made lamps:

GE Reveal halogen 3-ways. These have reports of exploding at EOL.

GE spiral CFL's. These often don't last as long as advertised and possibly smoke and catch fire at EOL.

GE glass A19 LED's. These dim out and produce a creepy blue-purple glow long before their rated life.

Unfortunately, Philips is now transferring their automotive headlamp production from Germany and Poland to China. I'm sure the quality of those are going to go down the toilet  ::) I'd hate to have a Chinese made halogen burn out in my car and cause blown fuses, damaged headlight lenses, etc. I'm always glad to buy lamps made anywhere besides China.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: DANGEROUS chinese stuff « Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 09:59:29 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40

GE spiral CFL's. These often don't last as long as advertised and possibly smoke and catch fire at EOL.

Some of the older Chinese GE spirals are good. There's some 15w ones at my uncle's house with electronic RS ballasts and they are from 2007 and they still work.

One of them died but only the lamp part was dead. The ballast was still good.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 10:02:22 PM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: DANGEROUS chinese stuff « Reply #7 on: June 11, 2020, 12:02:02 AM » Author: Binarix128
I was pretty lucky with a chinese GE spirar. I had one that runned for about 4 years, when it just got dimmer and then just didn't turn on anymore. The chinese halogen bulbs that I use doesn't explode at least.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: DANGEROUS chinese stuff « Reply #8 on: June 12, 2020, 05:59:57 PM » Author: Rommie
Much as I detest money from things I buy going to China, it's partly the fault of those who place orders for the lowest price possible.

The Chinese will make what they are paid to make. Tell them you want lamps, for example, made to the highest specification possible and they will do it (at a price). Tell them you want cheap crap and they'll make you cheap crap. They don't care about safety, you get what you pay for.

It's also the consumer's responsibility. I recently bought some new test leads for my multimeter. I could have bought a set for £5 or even less from China, but I chose a set from a British manufacturer at a considerably higher price, knowing the quality would be the best, and my money would be going to a UK business.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 06:04:08 PM by sox35 » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: DANGEROUS chinese stuff « Reply #9 on: June 12, 2020, 06:35:23 PM » Author: Binarix128
Thats not actually chinese stuff but it's insane:

Things that we did back in the day.
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: DANGEROUS chinese stuff « Reply #10 on: June 12, 2020, 07:05:30 PM » Author: Binarix128
Some chinese maded crayons contains asbestos.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: DANGEROUS chinese stuff « Reply #11 on: June 13, 2020, 02:52:30 AM » Author: Ash
More likely Lead. I think crayons with Asbestos in them would quite suck at drawing with...
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: DANGEROUS chinese stuff « Reply #12 on: June 13, 2020, 03:11:38 AM » Author: dor123
I've never heard about crayons with asbestos. Asbestos usually was used in building.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: DANGEROUS chinese stuff « Reply #13 on: June 13, 2020, 03:20:19 AM » Author: Binarix128
I've never heard about crayons with asbestos. Asbestos usually was used in building.
Back in the day, we used asestos in almost everything, like in the previous pictures.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: DANGEROUS chinese stuff « Reply #14 on: June 13, 2020, 03:23:06 AM » Author: Ash
Not everything "just because", but everything where it provides some wanted function. Its quite a difference
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies