Author Topic: What do you use as a nightlight  (Read 11801 times)
Wireman
Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #45 on: June 30, 2020, 08:47:49 AM » Author: Wireman
He's on his way  :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks Ria I could use all the help I can get.
flyoffacliff

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #46 on: July 30, 2020, 09:23:41 PM » Author: flyoffacliff
I got rid of incandecents years ago and got the flat LED ones where you can change the color of them with a switch/button. :) No nightlights anymore cuz I live in the city now, already too bright with the street lights shining in.
migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #47 on: July 31, 2020, 06:37:22 AM » Author: migette1
Whats wrong with a 5w neon bee hive, these were made as nightlights or a slumberlite very low wattage incandescent.

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #48 on: July 31, 2020, 10:05:32 AM » Author: Rommie
The problem with neon beehive lamps is finding them, they're like the proverbial hen's teeth. Plus when you do come across them they go for silly money  :-\

As for getting rid of incandescents, we went the other way and got rid of  :curse: L*D's :inc: :bulbman:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #49 on: August 03, 2020, 09:26:45 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
I use an Energiser lantern. I set it to night light mode at night, and the batteries last a while. Energiser batteries, on the other hand, are awful! I use Rayovac batteries. They last longer than Energisers and are cheaper.
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #50 on: September 01, 2020, 12:13:16 PM » Author: HPS_250
I used a pink salt lamp with a 7W incandescent lamp in it.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #51 on: March 01, 2021, 05:57:32 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I use a Lava®️ Lamp with a 25W incandescent bulb in it.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

f36t8

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #52 on: March 01, 2021, 06:22:10 PM » Author: f36t8
I don't use an electrical nightlight, but I have some large panels of high-quality phosphorescent (glow-in-the-dark) printed panels which I found in an abandoned factory. They last much longer than the usual cheap materials: after being charged from ambient room light, they glow bright enough the whole night to show the way to the toilet with dark-adapted eyes.
thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #53 on: March 01, 2021, 06:53:53 PM » Author: thelightingman
I use my a thousand watt metal halide light bulb ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I use a 250 watt hps bulb.  ;D ;D ::) ::)

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #54 on: March 01, 2021, 07:13:33 PM » Author: Rommie
We can't sleep unless the room is in total darkness, so no need for a nightlight. The power indicator on the emergency light fixture in the hall is more than enough to see where the loo is if we need it.

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #55 on: March 01, 2021, 08:02:48 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We can't sleep unless the room is in total darkness, so no need for a nightlight. The power indicator on the emergency light fixture in the hall is more than enough to see where the loo is if we need it.
And that's with two layers of white insulating tape over it.!!  :poof:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 08:05:35 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #56 on: March 01, 2021, 08:07:11 PM » Author: Rommie
I've only just noticed the typo in the title of this topic  :lol:

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #57 on: March 01, 2021, 10:34:32 PM » Author: Binarix128
I've only just noticed the typo in the title of this topic  :lol:
Please tell me what was the typo, I'm still not so good in english.
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #58 on: March 01, 2021, 10:56:05 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Please tell me what was the typo, I'm still not so good in english.

You forgot to put the word 'a' in between the words 'as' and 'nightlight'.

Here's the correction: What do you use as night light? ----> What do you use as a nightlight?

It's ok, you're still learning. :)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What do you use as nightight « Reply #59 on: March 02, 2021, 08:29:02 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
It also says nightight, it's missing the 'l' of light.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies