Author Topic: Chevy's new C8 Corvette  (Read 3074 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Chevy's new C8 Corvette « on: June 09, 2020, 08:52:55 PM » Author: suzukir122
I'm not really an average car or truck kind of guy, although I do like certain sport, muscle and hyper cars and certain trucks. Especially trucks that contain diesel engines. Anyways... Chevy just launched the new C8 Corvette. Very interesting/unique car that we will see on the roads more often as time goes on. Has anyone seen it in person? What do you guys think about it?

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Chevy's new C8 Corvette « Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 12:34:24 AM » Author: CEB1993
That's one of the most dramatic shifts from a sports car tradition I've ever seen. Beautiful car  8) Looks like it took inspiration from Ferrari with the mid-engine layout. I'm sure some Corvette purists are disappointed, but frankly I think this new Corvette is pretty sweet! Aside from the Ford GT40, I think it's the only American mid-engine car.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Xytrell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Chevy's new C8 Corvette « Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 02:19:56 AM » Author: Xytrell
I think they're neat, but I reaaally like a manual transmission. So, knowing people are going to begin offloading their "old" C7s, and on top of the economic downturn, I picked up a C7 instead for nearly 10k under blue book.  ;)

Yes, I'm aware it's not as fast in a straight line, and yes, I'm aware I'm in the minority with ~1% of new cars in the US being manuals.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Chevy's new C8 Corvette « Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 02:34:25 AM » Author: suzukir122
That's one of the unique features of this new C8 though... from what I've seen in videos thus far, you can select manual
or automatic. And with manual, it's push button for upshift, and push button for downshift. It also has an auto blipper
from what I've seen, and it also deactivates cylinders. In touring mode at a certain lower RPM, it'll deactivate four cylinders,
and run only four cylinders. This is a V8 we're talking about.
Anyways, I could be wrong about some of this though... I'm just typing things based on what I've seen through videos thus far.
And yep, I've seen this C8 next to the Ferrari in a couple videos. It's pretty dang close to looking like a Ferrari.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Chevy's new C8 Corvette « Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 07:52:01 AM » Author: Rommie
 :o :poof: Want one..!!! :poof: :o

I did notice it has Bose speakers. One thing springs to mind, though; with a V8 like that right behind you, why would you be listening to music..? :lol:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 08:01:39 AM by sox35 » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Xytrell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Chevy's new C8 Corvette « Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 11:01:28 AM » Author: Xytrell
Dual-clutch automatic with manual paddle shifters is NOT the same thing as a manual transmission.

Your (standard torque converter) automatic typically have a "1" and a "2" in addition to the "D" to "manually" over-ride the automation, but no one calls those manuals!
takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Chevy's new C8 Corvette « Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 12:42:03 PM » Author: takemorepills
I started shopping this car 3 months ago!
I'd like a base model with black and blue interior, black T-tops, and that's it. No special performance packages, no wings, no fancy wheels. For under $70K, a base Corvette with a few options is the sweet spot for me. 0-60 in under 3 seconds is phenomenal for a gas powered, non-Tesla at this price.
Funny thing, the "Rapid Blue" color matches my wife's new "Flame Blue" Corolla, so I've been telling her we "need" this Corvette as a matching "his and hers" it would be pretty funny seeing these 2 in my driveway. (They also both have names that begin C-o-r! haha)

Problem I have is that we own too many vehicles. My wife has her new car, and I already own an Infiniti Q60 and a truck. Don't want to get rid of either! Q60 is AWD and awesome in the winter, and we tow with the truck, so it's very very difficult to justify a 4th car. I think I should get a job at a car dealer so I can be around these cars without having to pay for them!

« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 12:45:47 PM by takemorepills » Logged
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Chevy's new C8 Corvette « Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 03:20:36 PM » Author: suzukir122
I like this Corvette so far. It's very unique... and seeing it from a YouTuber's prospective, especially from a YouTuber I'm
already very familiar with, is very interesting to me.
This thing, at idle, sounds like a diesel truck... at least with full custom exhausts.

Anyone here own a C7 Corvette? That's an interesting ride as well.
A neighbor of mine, whom I will meet again soon, owns a silver C7 Corvette. He's already struck a conversation with me once
before after I had just finished motorcycle riding. (He also owns a motorcycle) Sometime soon hopefully I can get a good look of
the C7 Corvette he has, along with pics.
If any of you own one, congrats. Seriously. lol

Interests:

Xytrell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Chevy's new C8 Corvette « Reply #8 on: June 10, 2020, 04:00:50 PM » Author: Xytrell
4 cars seems reasonable to me. There are 4 at my household - a similar situation to yours. In order of priority:

2x daily drivers "his" and "hers", whose main purpose is good fuel economy on a vehicle you don't mind putting a lot of miles on
1x cheap old truck for hauling things
1x sports car for... fun, obviously.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Chevy's new C8 Corvette « Reply #9 on: June 10, 2020, 04:13:14 PM » Author: suzukir122
I highly agree. That, and if one of the daily drivers breaks down, you've got plenty of back up, and you don't
necessarily have to be in a hurry to fix the broken down car or truck.

Interests:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Chevy's new C8 Corvette « Reply #10 on: June 10, 2020, 05:18:17 PM » Author: Rommie
I'd like to be able to afford one car, never mind four  :-\

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Chevy's new C8 Corvette « Reply #11 on: June 10, 2020, 07:00:30 PM » Author: takemorepills
4 cars seems reasonable to me. There are 4 at my household - a similar situation to yours. In order of priority:

2x daily drivers "his" and "hers", whose main purpose is good fuel economy on a vehicle you don't mind putting a lot of miles on
1x cheap old truck for hauling things
1x sports car for... fun, obviously.

We've had 4 cars a few times in the past. In WA state, it USED to be "affordable" to have multiple cars. That is, until 2016 when they levied an unfair "LRT" tax on our yearly registration. In our case, 2 of our cars quadrupled in registration fees. If they are old enough, the hit isn't so bad.
At my age and status, carrying insurance on 4 cars, even a performance car, is very affordable still. If I can register outside of our county I can avoid the LRT excise and begin thinking about a 4th car.
I HATE giving my money to the government, I can afford the LRT excise on 4 cars, but I don't want to let them have any more of my money.
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Chevy's new C8 Corvette « Reply #12 on: June 10, 2020, 08:40:23 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Yeah, the new corvette actually looks like a Ferrari tbh.  ;)

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Chevy's new C8 Corvette « Reply #13 on: June 10, 2020, 09:03:57 PM » Author: CEB1993
Dual-clutch automatic with manual paddle shifters is NOT the same thing as a manual transmission.

Your (standard torque converter) automatic typically have a "1" and a "2" in addition to the "D" to "manually" over-ride the automation, but no one calls those manuals!

Yes, I forgot that this new Corvette completely ditched the traditional straight drive. A manual transmission is part of what defines a true sports car and makes it much more engaging to drive. If I get a "weekend car" in addition to my daily driver Subaru, I'd choose a 6-speed Honda S2000 or older model Miata. After recently learning to drive a manual transmission car, they're pretty awesome! I can imagine the automatic robs the new Corvette of some sporty feeling when it's driven hard.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Xytrell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Chevy's new C8 Corvette « Reply #14 on: June 10, 2020, 11:31:38 PM » Author: Xytrell
I'd like to be able to afford one car, never mind four  :-\

You're in Scotland, so one or two is a more realistic goal. Here in midwest murica, cars, fees, and fuel are FAR cheaper.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies