Author Topic: What Kind Of HID Lamps Do Your Local Hardware Stores Carry?  (Read 11229 times)
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: What Kind Of HID Lamps Do Your Local Hardware Stores Carry? « Reply #15 on: January 09, 2018, 04:57:35 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Only one near me is Greenwood Lighting LTD, their not exactly a hardware store, nor are they a wholesaler, their just a lighting shop, but you can get most HID lamps off the shelf there, my 140watt SLI/H came from there back in 1994.

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What Kind Of HID Lamps Do Your Local Hardware Stores Carry? « Reply #16 on: January 09, 2018, 05:38:36 PM » Author: Rommie

Only one near me is Greenwood Lighting LTD, their not exactly a hardware store, nor are they a wholesaler, their just a lighting shop, but you can get most HID lamps off the shelf there, my 140watt SLI/H came from there back in 1994.
Well that's the first I've heard in a long time of HID being sold retail here. I do remember a couple of backstreet surplus stores in London selling them occasionally back in the 60's when I was a little'un, but nothing since then.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: What Kind Of HID Lamps Do Your Local Hardware Stores Carry? « Reply #17 on: January 09, 2018, 06:05:07 PM » Author: Lodge
Peavey Mart not to far from me has HPS ranging from 35 to 1000 watt and MH from 70 to 1000 watt and just about every length of florescent tube you need, and sockets for them all, about the only thing they didn't have was LPS tubes, and there prices are fair on the lamps and actually pretty good on items like wire for cords like 10/4 SOOW. And the staff are more then willing to order in anything you can't find..  But they mainly deal with farmers and not contractors so I guess it's a different clientele, the kind that will fix the old things that still work but need parts and not some Orange County house wife that want's the newest shiniest thing that is better then person living next doors thing and throw out the old stuff..  
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What Kind Of HID Lamps Do Your Local Hardware Stores Carry? « Reply #18 on: January 09, 2018, 08:37:44 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
 175W MV | 70W,100W,250W HPS | 70W,175W MH at lowes and mynards
 175W,400W MV | 70W,100W,150W,250W,400W HPS | 70W,175W,400W MH at ACE hardware
 175W MV | 50W HPS at Lakeview hardware
 175W,400W MV | 70W,100W HPS at the Springfield Doit center
 175W,250W MV | 70W,100W,250W HPS | 70W MH at micks hardware

Mercury includes clear variant at ACE, Lowes, Mynards, and The Springifield Doit center

all bulbs at all stores are Sylvania with exception to SOME of the halides which are philips

Restore was boasting a single Functioning 75W Sylvania Merc the other was dead. still have yet to find gear for it.

the junkyard(s) and abandoned facilities have all manner of wattages of any HPS,MV,MH I could think of... and they're free (heh) so i usually snatch up bulbs from those places rather than buy expensive bulbs from stores... but sometimes I will if they mark down the price or I really need a certain wattage I could not manage to find at the yard.. you can find alot of older HID bulbs from Abandoned buildings and junkyards...... and alot of em still work... and work well... thats where I got my Clearenders...

« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 07:10:41 PM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Kind Of HID Lamps Do Your Local Hardware Stores Carry? « Reply #19 on: January 10, 2018, 12:27:37 AM » Author: tolivac
Lately I have had to order HID lights the new fangeled space age,computer age way----online.The Lowes place is the only one that has any sort of HID bulbs locally.Low wattage mercury,HPS,and MH.They have 400W Mercury,MH.
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: What Kind Of HID Lamps Do Your Local Hardware Stores Carry? « Reply #20 on: January 10, 2018, 04:27:53 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Well that's the first I've heard in a long time of HID being sold retail here. I do remember a couple of backstreet surplus stores in London selling them occasionally back in the 60's when I was a little'un, but nothing since then.
Yeah, its an odd one?, their shop is like any other lighting shop, with most stuff on display for home and light commercial use, (like hotels and the likes), they have some fine chandeliers in all sizes, from living room to great hall use!!
But they also class themselves as `lamp distributors`, and you can pretty much get SOX/SON/Halides and mercury lamps off the shelf, (although I had the last of the 50watt MBF stock a while ago)! ::)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: What Kind Of HID Lamps Do Your Local Hardware Stores Carry? « Reply #21 on: January 11, 2018, 12:06:15 AM » Author: BT25
Local Hardware store is Home Depot (or Agent Orange as a friend of mine likes to call them). All they have is the Chinese made Philips lamps which are a shame when compared to what they made 30 years ago.

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account shows unnecessary spending? ::)
Have an empty wallet?  :lol:

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: What Kind Of HID Lamps Do Your Local Hardware Stores Carry? « Reply #22 on: January 11, 2018, 07:49:05 AM » Author: 589
Home Depot:
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-140347

http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-140345

Lowes:
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-140293

Walmart:
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-140342

:lps:

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: What Kind Of HID Lamps Do Your Local Hardware Stores Carry? « Reply #23 on: January 11, 2018, 08:06:40 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Home Depot:
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-140347

http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-140345

Lowes:
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-140293

Walmart:
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-140342
Basically what is in my area

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: What Kind Of HID Lamps Do Your Local Hardware Stores Carry? « Reply #24 on: January 11, 2018, 06:26:27 PM » Author: Lodge
What gets me is Home Depot in Canada doesn't get what they can get in the USA ...

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Philips-18-Watt-HID-T15-SOX-Low-Pressure-Sodium-Light-Bulb-for-Sea-Turtles-12-Pack-234047-0/204148552

Why can't we get LPS up here? Agent Orange..
BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: What Kind Of HID Lamps Do Your Local Hardware Stores Carry? « Reply #25 on: January 11, 2018, 08:12:50 PM » Author: BT25
What gets me is Home Depot in Canada doesn't get what they can get in the USA ...

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Philips-18-Watt-HID-T15-SOX-Low-Pressure-Sodium-Light-Bulb-for-Sea-Turtles-12-Pack-234047-0/204148552

Why can't we get LPS up here? Agent Orange..

Agent Orange won't provide orange lamps? Inconceivable!

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account shows unnecessary spending? ::)
Have an empty wallet?  :lol:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What Kind Of HID Lamps Do Your Local Hardware Stores Carry? « Reply #26 on: January 11, 2018, 08:17:02 PM » Author: Rommie
Agent Orange won't provide orange lamps? Inconceivable!
Ah, but LPS lamps are actually yellow, not orange, I guess they think it's not in their remit  :D :D :D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What Kind Of HID Lamps Do Your Local Hardware Stores Carry? « Reply #27 on: January 14, 2018, 11:22:09 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
menards stocks a bit more in the HID section than I had originally stated, must've restocked or whatever.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: What Kind Of HID Lamps Do Your Local Hardware Stores Carry? « Reply #28 on: January 15, 2018, 11:23:45 PM » Author: icefoglights
It was all old stock stuff, but my first LPS light and spare bulb came from hardware stores in remote parts of British Columbia  :a_sox:

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: What Kind Of HID Lamps Do Your Local Hardware Stores Carry? « Reply #29 on: January 16, 2018, 05:30:18 AM » Author: dor123
Our local hardware store currently carry only LEDs, CFLs, halogens, fluorescents and incandescents up to 60W. No HID lamps are available in our hardware stores now.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies