Author Topic: Looking for replacement GE Form 109 Refracter with glass lens.  (Read 1342 times)
LightDragon

View Posts
View Gallery

Street luminaire collector of any kind.

Looking for replacement GE Form 109 Refracter with glass lens. « on: September 16, 2020, 04:22:08 PM » Author: LightDragon
I obtained a ge form 109 with a dented refractor and missing lens. if anyone knows where i can get one please let me know.

I am a Cooper OVD fan! Also mercury vapor is the best light there is...

LightDragon

View Posts
View Gallery

Street luminaire collector of any kind.

Re: Looking for replacement GE Form 109 Refracter with glass lens. « Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 04:25:20 PM » Author: LightDragon
here is an image the door on the right needs to be replaced with a new one as its dented and missing the lens.

I am a Cooper OVD fan! Also mercury vapor is the best light there is...

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Looking for replacement GE Form 109 Refracter with glass lens. « Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 08:52:08 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
OK , the dents shouldn't be an issue as they can be gently tapped out with a small hammer. HOWEVER , the missing refractor WILL be an issue as it was originally crimped into the reflector and is unique to the Form 109 . I'm not sure if a Form 400/M-400 refractor has the same footprint or not. As for finding a replacement refractor/reflector ass'y, that may be a bit difficult also unless maybe one of our older members has one or more stashed away somewhere . My Form 109 is missing the part of the hinge attached to the reflector . Your slip fitter and reflector are different than mine , I'd assume different years ?  I haven't figured out how to determine a date on these creatures yet !.

If you DO happen to stumble across a replacement reflector/refractor ass'y , I'd be interested in you hinge ass'y from the damaged one !  :lol:

If I happen to find any or info on where to find one , I'll let you know !   GOOD LUCK !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies