Author Topic: LED tubes in fluorescent fixtures  (Read 745 times)
Wireman
LED tubes in fluorescent fixtures « on: November 25, 2020, 01:44:15 PM » Author: Wireman
I was just wondering if LED tubes are used as retrofits in existing fluorescent fixtures are the ballasts, wether magnetic or electronic, are they still used for the LEDs or are they disconnected?
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: LED tubes in fluorescent fixtures « Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 01:56:48 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
In most cases, LED tubes and LED retrofit lamps for HID lamps typically have the ballast bypassed which means that the LED tubes and LED retrofit lamps for HID bulbs are directly wired to the mains. In a few other cases, some LED tubes and some LED retrofit lamps for HID lamps use the existing ballast. However, the ballast bypass LED lamps are more efficient because the ballast losses are eliminated when the ballast is bypassed.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LED tubes in fluorescent fixtures « Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 03:34:17 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Eh, I've installed a number of the various types

- LED Tubes plug and play with existing T8 or T12 ballast
- LED tubes that must be direct wired to power feed
- LED tubes that require a LED specific driver (these are usually for dimming applications)

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LED tubes in fluorescent fixtures « Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 12:57:20 AM » Author: tolivac
Have some LED bulbs in the flourescent lights at work-some of the LED retrofit bulbs are dying......Just the centers lighting-ends dark.Regular flourscent bulbs don't act that way.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies