Author Topic: Lowes may have discontinued HPS fixtures  (Read 3490 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Lowes may have discontinued HPS fixtures « on: June 06, 2020, 11:03:21 AM » Author: Cole D.
So last night, at Lowes, which I had not been to in a few months, I noticed they didn't have the 70W HPS bucket lights anymore. They still had the CFL and the MH though. Yet Home Depot here doesn't sell HID fixtures at all anymore, but they still had the CFL bucket last I checked.

So I am thinking Lowes may be getting to only LED or CFL fixtures now too.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Edmund Ironside

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lowes may have discontinued HPS fixtures « Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 02:14:20 AM » Author: Edmund Ironside
So last night, at Lowes, which I had not been to in a few months, I noticed they didn't have the 70W HPS bucket lights anymore. They still had the CFL and the MH though. Yet Home Depot here doesn't sell HID fixtures at all anymore, but they still had the CFL bucket last I checked.

So I am thinking Lowes may be getting to only LED or CFL fixtures now too.

The common consumer want LED. Energy efficient, high light quality and the fixtures are so cheap and usually come with warranty so that it does not matter if it only lasts two years in service. People are lazy and the promise of no bulb changes are too good too say no too.

Made in Sweden

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Lowes may have discontinued HPS fixtures « Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 06:38:27 PM » Author: Rommie
So instead of simply changing a lamp, they change the whole fixture. Presumably, if it's fixed, rather than just a plug-in thing like a floor or table lamp, they have to get an electrician in to do it. Or do it themselves and probably make a hash of it and maybe invalidate their home insurance or worse.

Sorry, no amount of explanation will ever convince me that that is a sensible course of action  ::)

Oh yes, energy efficiency. L*D's may cost less to run, but when you take into account the materials used in their manufacture and the potential problems involved with the disposal of said materials, one thing they are not is 'green'  ::)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 06:41:00 PM by sox35 » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Lowes may have discontinued HPS fixtures « Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 04:18:00 AM » Author: Silverliner
I thought Lowes discontinued all non LED security fixtures?

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Lowes may have discontinued HPS fixtures « Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 06:27:47 AM » Author: Rommie
Around here, they've discontinued all non-L*D anything. With the minor exceptions of oven lamps, fridge lamps etc. But we never did have HID on retail sale here  :-\

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Lowes may have discontinued HPS fixtures « Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 04:46:30 PM » Author: Cole D.
I thought Lowes discontinued all non LED security fixtures?

Not here, they changed a while ago from the Utilitech to the Lithonia brand, but still had MH and HPS bucket fixtures. Now though, they just had the MH.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies