Author Topic: Are there any HID lamps that are more energy efficient than LED?  (Read 1057 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Are there any HID lamps that are more energy efficient than LED? « on: October 21, 2020, 02:58:52 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I wonder if anyone knows of any metal halide or high pressure sodium lamps that are more energy efficient than LED.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Are there any HID lamps that are more energy efficient than LED? « Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 03:57:25 AM » Author: dor123
HPS and MH lamps and triphosphors fluorescent lamps are more efficient than LED.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are there any HID lamps that are more energy efficient than LED? « Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 07:51:40 AM » Author: Medved
HPS and MH lamps and triphosphors fluorescent lamps are more efficient than LED.
It is not true anymore even when speaking about brutto efficacy (i.e. the light source alone, without the losses in the beam control optic). With the optics, the LEDs are way ouperforming the others, mainly given the ease how their beam could be controlled.

The only light source with higher brutto efficacy are the LPS, but their form factor does not allow in any practical form the beam control optic to not loose at least half of the light output (into light spill, uneven illumination or absorbtion of dark parts), so when speaking about net efficacy in final application, the SOX is way behind others.

But mainly for higher outputs, the LEDs are still quite expensive (cost rises about linearly with the output rating so a 250W costs nearly double of the 125W assembly, with HID the cost differs by few % only, so the high lumen packages become way cheaper per lumen) and did not prove the reliability yet (the older installations did not perform that well and the newer are too new to prove anything).

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies