Author Topic: Hello from NZ  (Read 637 times)
LINKS

View Posts
View Gallery

Hello from NZ « on: June 27, 2020, 01:54:05 AM » Author: LINKS
Hello, thanks for letting me join, I have always been fascinated by street lamps for as long as I can remember, now almost all of the interesting ones are gone I have been on the hunt for a few, I also have a cople other strange Heavy duty Thorn lamps someone could help me ID?
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE 175w MV

GoL
Re: Hello from NZ « Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 06:15:04 AM » Author: High Intensity
Welcome to Lighting Gallery, LINKS.

Old lighting is, and will always be, the best lighting.

sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

missriaelaine
Re: Hello from NZ « Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 07:13:20 AM » Author: sox35
Welcome to the madhouse from me and my other half Sammi (Mandolin Girl) in the frozen north east of Scotland..! Actually it's quite warm here at the moment, not quite to the point of being uncomfortable during the day, but getting to sleep is a challenge  Undecided

We would love to visit NZ one day, although not right now of course. We're big fans of the wines from there, could drink them all day (and have done on occasion LOL Crazy eyes)

Street lamps themselves aren't really our thing, we're more into discharge lamps, particularly Low Pressure Sodium (SOX  LPS bulb and SLI  Linear Sodium) and we're particularly depressed by the proliferation of L*D everywhere now, but not a lot we can do about it  Sad

Take care and hope to see some photos from you soon.

Take care,

Ria & Sammi in Aberdeen  Love

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end Love

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery

220V AC 50Hz, 525@29,970i NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Hello from NZ « Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 09:41:54 AM » Author: Binarix128
Hello, thanks for letting me join, I have always been fascinated by street lamps for as long as I can remember, now almost all of the interesting ones are gone I have been on the hunt for a few, I also have a cople other strange Heavy duty Thorn lamps someone could help me ID?
Welcome to LG!  Cheesy  Greetings from Chile!  Cheesy
My thing are streetlights too, but also collecting HIDs, CFLs, Incs, fluorescents, starter and old electrical stuff. And my personal favorite light for use daily are halogen and incs.  Smiley

We would love to visit NZ one day, although not right now of course. We're big fans of the wines from there, could drink them all day (and have done on occasion LOL Crazy eyes)
You should taste ours, they say that are one of the bests. (OF COURSE that I don't taste one yet, because I'm still not 18.  LOL )
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 09:51:05 AM by Binarix128 » Logged

LED will never beat other lamps. Incandescent Lamp High Pressure Sodium Mercury Vapor Lamp
Color changing lamp Creator of CaptureCommons Color changing lamp

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Hello from NZ « Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 05:40:38 AM » Author: rjluna2
Welcome to aboard, LINKS Smiley

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

LINKS

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hello from NZ « Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 12:09:14 AM » Author: LINKS
Thanks everyone for the welcome messages, today I installed the huge Thorn lamp in the barn. I use to also have a collection of interesting light bulbs witch I knew nothing about, I want to find for my collection a Thorn Stradalux or the NZ equivalent.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hello from NZ « Reply #6 on: July 05, 2020, 11:55:37 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Welcome !!!!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines