Author Topic: How rare are /X mercury vapor lamps?  (Read 1153 times)
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
How rare are /X mercury vapor lamps? « on: August 27, 2020, 01:18:56 PM » Author: HPS_250
I know that /X is very uncommon compared to any other types of coated MV lamps, such as /DX, /C, or even /W. Does anyone know just how rare this coating is, and where I could possibly find a /X lamp?

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How rare are /X mercury vapor lamps? « Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 10:29:06 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
A /X is MEGA rare ! It ranks up with the /Y caution yellow lamps .  As far as I know there is only 2 listed on this site !  As for finding one , they're probably located right next to the unicorns  :lol:  Just keep your eyes open and closely watch places like eBay , ETC.  The one HomeBrewLamps has was found in an old explosion proof fixture on eBay . That stupid fixture kept popping up in my eBay feed for months but I never noticed the picture of the /X lamp in the listing until AFTER HomeBrew bought it ! DOH !  ::) :poof:  AGAIN look closely !!!! Crazy things pop up where you least expect them !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: How rare are /X mercury vapor lamps? « Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 12:26:32 AM » Author: HPS_250
A /X is MEGA rare ! It ranks up with the /Y caution yellow lamps .  As far as I know there is only 2 listed on this site !  As for finding one , they're probably located right next to the unicorns  :lol:  Just keep your eyes open and closely watch places like eBay , ETC.  The one HomeBrewLamps has was found in an old explosion proof fixture on eBay . That stupid fixture kept popping up in my eBay feed for months but I never noticed the picture of the /X lamp in the listing until AFTER HomeBrew bought it ! DOH !  ::) :poof:  AGAIN look closely !!!! Crazy things pop up where you least expect them !

I had guessed that they were rare, but never as rare as the caution yellow lamps! That’s crazy that there are only two on this WHOLE SITE!  :lol: :o I’m definitely going to keep watching eBay very closely, because a /X lamp is something I’d love to find! (If that’s even POSSIBLE!)  :lol:
I have the idea to check some random mercury vapor fixtures on eBay now to see what lamps are inside.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How rare are /X mercury vapor lamps? « Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 10:18:33 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I kick myself every time I think about it ! The worst part is the seller even had a photo of the lamp etch and I STILL didn't notice the /X !!!   DOH!!!!!!  :sick: :curse:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: How rare are /X mercury vapor lamps? « Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 12:12:33 PM » Author: HPS_250
I kick myself every time I think about it ! The worst part is the seller even had a photo of the lamp etch and I STILL didn't notice the /X !!!   DOH!!!!!!  :sick: :curse:

I guess always look closely!  :lol: I would have been really annoyed if I had missed an /X lamp.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies