Author Topic: Stop removing my topics without my permission!  (Read 1366 times)
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery

220V AC 50Hz, 525@29,970i NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Stop removing my topics without my permission! « Reply #15 on: July 11, 2020, 08:15:05 PM » Author: Binarix128
As far as I know, the menssages text content and info is saved in the mySQL database and not as a file in the FTP server, like with comments and file information in coppermine, so in a files backup mensagges can not be saved, only saving the mySQL data can backup the messages.

My opinion is that an item was selled, the autor should delete or block the topic, and if there are important replies, the topic should be moved to general discussion or off-topic, you can move the topic by yourself, as I explain in the pictures below.

LED will never beat other lamps. Incandescent Lamp High Pressure Sodium Mercury Vapor Lamp
Color changing lamp Creator of CaptureCommons Color changing lamp

lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: Stop removing my topics without my permission! « Reply #16 on: July 12, 2020, 02:50:52 AM » Author: lights*plus
Thanks for this little profile trick or hint, which was completely unknown to me.

But I have to have started the thread to move it.. right?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 02:54:08 AM by lights*plus » Logged
sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

missriaelaine
Re: Stop removing my topics without my permission! « Reply #17 on: July 12, 2020, 05:45:58 AM » Author: sox35
Yes, a thread can only be moved/deleted or locked by either the person who started it or an admin.

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end Love

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

Re: Stop removing my topics without my permission! « Reply #18 on: July 12, 2020, 08:18:50 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
The other thing that you can do, is once an item is sold remove the link and ask for the thread to be moved to another board.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen)

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber  -  US author, cartoonist, humourist, & satirist (1894 - 1961)

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines