Author Topic: A cycling HPS lamp in a road light using a superimposed ignitor  (Read 2565 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

A cycling HPS lamp in a road light using a superimposed ignitor « on: June 03, 2010, 04:49:20 PM » Author: dor123
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be12t8j6RWk
This was photographed from park hecht. These lanterns are lighting the highway that bypass Haifa.
Why during the reignition of this HPS lamp, its gets brighter more and more until the reignition was finished?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:14:17 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A cycling HPS lamp in a road light using a superimposed ignitor « Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 05:21:56 PM » Author: Medved
These are cold-cathode sparks in the sodium vapor from ignitor HV pulses. As the lamp coll down and the voltage lower, the actual energy transferred to spars is getting higher and higher, so sparks are brighter and brighter, till they ignite the high current, low voltage arc...

No more selfballasted c***

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: A cycling HPS lamp in a road light using a superimposed ignitor « Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 07:03:41 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
It's pretty common way of cycling in the USA......sometimes they aren't noticeable enough.....but that's how I see a cycler does....

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies