Author Topic: Glad to have joined from the UK  (Read 2279 times)
csg

View Posts
View Gallery

Glad to have joined from the UK « on: July 19, 2020, 12:52:16 AM » Author: csg
Hello there from Luton in the UK

As a long time viewer of your various albums and galleries I thought it about time I joined myself
I am a stage /entertainment / film / tv  lighting professional with 25+ years experience and a life long interest in all things lighting related.
Ive even completed a neon lamp making course which was a fascinating day.
Ive joined to start adding photos of my collection of what I think of as interesting fixtures, both stage related but also floodlights ( old Thorn, GEC, Phosco etc) but also to take advantage of the hive mind that iím sure exists here

So, hello all!
sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

Re: Glad to have joined from the UK « Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 07:16:23 AM » Author: sox35
Hi, welcome to LG from the frozen north-east of Scotland, although saying that, it is rather warm at the moment...

Mostly interested in low pressure sodium lamps here (SOX and linear SLI) but anything except L*D really. What types of lamp/lighting are you interested in..? Just saw your pictures of the self ballasted blacklight, you really need a ceramic lampholder if you're going to run it base up, these get HOT  Shocked Mind Blown

Take care and look forward to hearing more from you and seeing some good pictures  LPS bulb

Ria  Love

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end Love

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

Re: Glad to have joined from the UK « Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 07:52:04 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Greetings from me as well, I'm Ria's other half.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen)

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber  -  US author, cartoonist, humourist, & satirist (1894 - 1961)

csg

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Glad to have joined from the UK « Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 10:55:00 AM » Author: csg
Thanks both for your welcome. Im looking forward to my next Scottish visit, i have family all over, as far North as Forres anyhow

Im interested in all types of lighting technology, and have been as long as i can remember. I run a technical production company providing tech services to the entertainment sector, so am lucky enough to have a warehouse full of the stuff.
Of course most of our gear is LED now, and personally I have no issues with that as it has transformed what we can do with light on a stage, but we still use a good amount of tungsten and discharge sources, and even a few xenon arcs too.
I do like the quirky kit though, so i have a collection of interesting fittings and lamps, from 1950ís floodlighting fittings ( some using SOX so you might rather like them) through to early examples of entertainment lighting such as Vari*lite fixtures as used by bands like Genesis and Pink Floyd on their 1980ís shows.
I also have a want list that iím slowly working through, a Widelite F series 400w fitting was on that, but found one and got it over from the states, currently the one iím stuck on is the good old Thorn alpha 3, preferably integral gear 400W MV. Im sure i will find one in the end...
sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

Re: Glad to have joined from the UK « Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 10:56:04 AM » Author: sox35
Thanks both for your welcome. Im looking forward to my next Scottish visit, i have family all over, as far North as Forres anyhow
Good to hear, feel free to visit if you're ever passing  Cool

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end Love

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Westinghouse OV-25s at sunset.

UCi55A3hASj7xOZ1eTRO1Jvg
Re: Glad to have joined from the UK « Reply #5 on: July 19, 2020, 11:29:10 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Welcome to LG csg!  Smiley

Good quality things are awesome. Cheaply made things are not.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

KEEP THESE ALIVE!

Re: Glad to have joined from the UK « Reply #6 on: July 19, 2020, 05:22:38 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Welcome aboard, csg!

Long live Mercury Vapor and Incandescent street lighting!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Glad to have joined from the UK « Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 12:00:08 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Welcome to LG csg !!!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE 175w MV

GoL
Re: Glad to have joined from the UK « Reply #8 on: July 21, 2020, 12:01:51 AM » Author: High Intensity
Welcome To Lighting Gallery, csg.

Old lighting is, and will always be, the best lighting.

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Glad to have joined from the UK « Reply #9 on: July 21, 2020, 07:16:58 AM » Author: rjluna2
Welcome aboard, csg Smiley

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: Glad to have joined from the UK « Reply #10 on: August 14, 2020, 08:05:59 AM » Author: migette1
Welcome to LGN apart from lighting we have interests in such things as telephones antiques valves and so many other items and are able to display these....and we like also to show our pets being cats or dogs.

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines