Author Topic: I'm gonna be an HVACR technician  (Read 1807 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
I'm gonna be an HVACR technician « on: July 24, 2020, 02:39:53 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
So the time has come, that now I'm going to be an HVAC/R technician on the field. I found a school that will train me to be one. Not sure If I'm gonna stop using LG.net and GoL.org if I'm going to that route, but I'll see.

Theres a high demand need of HVACR Technicians in my area, and I'm proud of going to be one.  So yeah.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I'm gonna be an HVACR technician « Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 03:13:21 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Cool, good luck with your work!
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: I'm gonna be an HVACR technician « Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 03:17:29 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Nice! Im trying to be an electrician when i get out of high school. Im sure you can keep some of your lighting skill while working hvac/r as you do need to learn some small electrical stuff to do it.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Wireman
Re: I'm gonna be an HVACR technician « Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 05:33:23 PM » Author: Wireman
Besides being an electrician I'm also a licensed HVAC mechanic. It's steady work and good pay. It's also very interesting if you get into the large commercial installations. You don't have to be an electrician to work in this field but some electrical knowledge helps especially with 3phase equipment. I wish you all the best in your new trade! Good luck!
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I'm gonna be an HVACR technician « Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 06:08:04 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Nice! Im trying to be an electrician when i get out of high school. Im sure you can keep some of your lighting skill while working hvac/r as you do need to learn some small electrical stuff to do it.

Yes, I do have knowledge about electrical engineering. And I keep my lighting skills for my lighting hobbies.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 06:10:00 PM by lightinglover8902 » Logged

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I'm gonna be an HVACR technician « Reply #5 on: July 25, 2020, 02:04:01 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
So the time has come, that now I'm going to be an HVAC/R technician on the field. I found a school that will train me to be one. Not sure If I'm gonna stop using LG.net and GoL.org if I'm going to that route, but I'll see.

Theres a high demand need of HVACR Technicians in my area, and I'm proud of going to be one.  So yeah.
Congrats

Just out of curiosity, how does being HVACR technician and usin LG.net relates to each other. I can't figure out the connection.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I'm gonna be an HVACR technician « Reply #6 on: July 26, 2020, 11:43:32 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Congrats

Just out of curiosity, how does being HVACR technician and usin LG.net relates to each other. I can't figure out the connection.

I have no idea...

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I'm gonna be an HVACR technician « Reply #7 on: July 27, 2020, 08:18:22 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Congrats on your new job!

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I'm gonna be an HVACR technician « Reply #8 on: August 29, 2020, 04:28:40 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Congrats on your new job!

Don't have one yet. But soon.

Plus, I will still go to Restores for lighting and other stuff like alarms and etc.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I'm gonna be an HVACR technician « Reply #9 on: August 29, 2020, 05:36:54 PM » Author: funkybulb
Being a HVAC tech and LG do have one relation in lighting.   That u will be changing ballast and UV lamps.
In some HVAC equipment.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I'm gonna be an HVACR technician « Reply #10 on: August 29, 2020, 06:22:01 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Congrats!  It is a great industry to be in because there will always be demand for it.  I've learned a lot of the stuff on my own so diagnosing and repair is what I primarily do. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I'm gonna be an HVACR technician « Reply #11 on: August 29, 2020, 10:22:45 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
You'll definitely learn how to diagnose a bad capacitor , a skill also needed in HID/fluorescent lighting repair ! :bulbman:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: I'm gonna be an HVACR technician « Reply #12 on: August 30, 2020, 03:08:01 AM » Author: joseph_125
You'll definitely learn how to diagnose a bad capacitor , a skill also needed in HID/fluorescent lighting repair ! :bulbman:

Heh, I usually just change them. Especially if they're the old PCB type. Granted I do test them with my multimeter too. Just make sure you discharge them before you probe them though.
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I'm gonna be an HVACR technician « Reply #13 on: August 30, 2020, 11:59:35 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Being a HVAC tech and LG do have one relation in lighting.   That u will be changing ballast and UV lamps.
In some HVAC equipment.

That is true, alot of refrigeration and freezer reach ins, and refrigeration shelf racks have fluorescent and LED lights to light the products on the shelf racks and reach ins. Not sure if the electricians do the ballast change and bulb change, or the HVACR tech does that..... :wndr:

To be honest, I know how to do that already.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 12:06:36 AM by lightinglover8902 » Logged

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies