Author Topic: YouTube Video Comments  (Read 17841 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #30 on: June 22, 2020, 07:01:54 PM » Author: Rommie
Nobody ever comments on mine, but then I haven't uploaded very many.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #31 on: June 22, 2020, 09:24:38 PM » Author: Binarix128
I forgot about the bots. I do get those making comments on my videos too (videos related to the covid shutdowns & such, plus weather videos - not lights)
They'll say things like I like It! Please make More. also, Can we be youtube friends? Xd or Cool !! keep doing no links or anything in the comments. Not really sure what the point is?
I've noticed that the usernames will change after a couple days...then eventually the comments just disappear.
Yep. The bot that spams lighting channels writes Wanna be friends or loved it, seems like  if the sub4sub don't success the comment is auto deleted. I also  noticed that the lighting bot spams since 2008. The bad news are that surely the account was created by a human but operated by a script, so google will surely do nothing if the account is a "human".  :(  And in android YT there's not a "report channel" button.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 09:26:30 PM by Binarix128 » Logged
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #32 on: June 23, 2020, 12:57:48 AM » Author: Lumex120
I forgot about the bots. I do get those making comments on my videos too (videos related to the covid shutdowns & such, plus weather videos - not lights)
They'll say things like I like It! Please make More. also, Can we be youtube friends? Xd or Cool !! keep doing no links or anything in the comments. Not really sure what the point is?
I've noticed that the usernames will change after a couple days...then eventually the comments just disappear.
I have heard from a few sources that some of them are attempts to steal your account but I have no idea how that would work.

Unofficial LG Discord

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #33 on: June 23, 2020, 01:26:51 AM » Author: Binarix128
I have heard from a few sources that some of them are attempts to steal your account but I have no idea how that would work.
We should be careful anyway!  :o

I think that those bots will put you links, that if you open one a browser extension can install without knowing it, and log your keyboard or the text fill up fields, that's just my theory.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 01:33:00 AM by Binarix128 » Logged
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies