Author Topic: Do you use the old light bulbs that you have, or you keep them but not use them?  (Read 4556 times)
BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Do you use the old light bulbs that you have, or you keep them but not use them? « Reply #15 on: February 06, 2018, 11:15:38 PM » Author: BT25
You need to find corresponding hobbies, my wife really likes to cook, so I learned how to restore cast iron, so now we are allowed to visit all the junk stores and re-store to look for new cast iron things and every once and while those are also stores where you get to find older odd lights and fixtures, and vintage copper pans are an awesome distraction to the all the lights in the cart and when they are cleaned up and re-tinned shining someone forgets about the lights and ballasts I just picked up... 

We do have interest in common, and like you love to go thrift shop/salvage/Restore hunting. ;D

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account shows unnecessary spending? ::)
Have an empty wallet?  :lol:

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Do you use the old light bulbs that you have, or you keep them but not use t « Reply #16 on: February 06, 2018, 11:20:37 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
We do have interest in common, and like you love to go thrift shop/salvage/Restore hunting. ;D

I like that too. I sometimes go to restores to find lighting.   ;)

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

veryhighonoutput

View Posts
View Gallery

T12

Re: Do you use the old light bulbs that you have, or you keep them but not use them? « Reply #17 on: February 19, 2018, 06:47:42 AM » Author: veryhighonoutput
I use them but sparingly. I use modern ones every day but my classics are on separate cords so when I'm in the mood I turn them on for a 30 mins

T12/ t17 there's a reason they made heavy magnetic ballasts

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Do you use the old light bulbs that you have, or you keep them but not use them? « Reply #18 on: March 14, 2018, 08:20:47 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We do light up our vintage lamps, but when we have two of them we keep one of the lamps as a 'virgin' lamp at that stays unlit.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Do you use the old light bulbs that you have, or you keep them but not use t « Reply #19 on: September 19, 2020, 08:14:43 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
If I find vintage F15 T8s or T12s, should I use them? I thought I might bring this back... :lol:

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies