Author Topic: Question  (Read 3723 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Question « Reply #15 on: September 21, 2020, 10:30:37 AM » Author: Rommie
LED lamps only sell in my opinion because average people don’t care about lighting, as long as they can light up an area.
That's true, however the other reason they sell is because government legislation has mostly banned manufacture and sale of everything else :'(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Question « Reply #16 on: September 21, 2020, 10:32:41 AM » Author: HPS_250
That's true, however the other reason they sell is because government legislation has mostly banned manufacture and sale of everything else :'(

I know, that’s another sad part. I definitely agree with you on how LED is definitely not as environmentally friendly as advertised, and I wrote that.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Question « Reply #17 on: September 21, 2020, 10:35:01 AM » Author: Rommie
I know, that’s another sad part. I definitely agree with you on how LED is definitely not as environmentally friendly as advertised, and I wrote that.
Indeed  :sadbulb:

Still, we are where we are, and it is up to us to collect and preserve what we can of traditional lighting while it's still available :lps: :hps: :mv: :inc: :sfl:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Question « Reply #18 on: September 21, 2020, 10:36:18 AM » Author: HPS_250
Indeed  :sadbulb:

Still, we are where we are, and it is up to us to collect and preserve what we can of traditional lighting while it's still available :lps: :hps: :mv: :inc: :sfl:

Yes, and I’m definitely trying to do that!  :) :lps: :mv: :hps:
I’ve already started collecting a lot of vintage mercury vapor lamps, and I’m planning to get my first SOX lamp really soon!

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Question « Reply #19 on: September 21, 2020, 10:38:54 AM » Author: Rommie
Yes, and I’m definitely trying to do that!  :) :lps: :mv: :hps:
I’ve already started collecting a lot of vintage mercury vapor lamps, and I’m planning to get my first SOX lamp really soon!

Yay..! Another SOX collector, welcome to the club (soon, anyway)  ;D :lps:

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Question « Reply #20 on: September 21, 2020, 10:43:42 AM » Author: HPS_250
Yay..! Another SOX collector, welcome to the club (soon, anyway)  ;D :lps:

Thanks, I’m happy to join!  ;D
I’ll say that I’ll probably be in the SOX club in about two weeks (meaning that I’ll buy it in the next few days, and then giving about a week for shipping).

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies