Author Topic: Traffic Signal Controller/Sequencer  (Read 2801 times)
NiMo

View Posts
View Gallery

Traffic Signal Controller/Sequencer « on: May 06, 2009, 10:39:47 PM » Author: NiMo
I'm looking for a traffic signal contoller or a sequencer that will operate 4-way+pedestrian control.  If you have either, we can talk turkey in the PM box either purchase or I have a Jefferson F48VHO canister ballast (120 volt) NOS in box I can trade.

Group Replacement, Baby

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Traffic Signal Controller/Sequencer « Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 01:54:25 PM » Author: Medved
And you want an authentic, factory made, or do you don't mind building one yourselve? I might generate some schematics for you...

No more selfballasted c***

NiMo

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Traffic Signal Controller/Sequencer « Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 06:15:48 PM » Author: NiMo
And you want an authentic, factory made, or do you don't mind building one yourselve? I might generate some schematics for you...
I had been looking at sequencers, but I'd much rather do the work myself.  I'm going to try "cascading" Intermatic timers.  Only problem is that I have to manually reset the timers in order to start the sequence again.  However, if I can trade the spare VHO ballast I have for a controller, I'm open to the idea.

Group Replacement, Baby

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Traffic Signal Controller/Sequencer « Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 10:28:46 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
I have one i got from a webpage but I currently have problems with it and have not had the time to check what's wrong...but I am interested in making my own if you can provide me good clear info!

I bought mine for 45 bucks

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

NiMo

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Traffic Signal Controller/Sequencer « Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 05:38:02 PM » Author: NiMo
I have one i got from a webpage but I currently have problems with it and have not had the time to check what's wrong...but I am interested in making my own if you can provide me good clear info!

I bought mine for 45 bucks
What sort of problems are you having?? Just curious.  BTW, those Intermatic timers??  A no-go being they set at 15 minute intervals, so I'm left to the sequencers anyways.  Besides, I bought an 8X8X4 pull box that I will use to encase my sequencer when I get it.

Group Replacement, Baby

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Traffic Signal Controller/Sequencer « Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 06:25:04 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Mine isn't 15 min...mine actually is ajustable and the yellow one is always the shortest......the red and green I believe shorest is 6-8 seconds and as long as I think 3 min or so while yellow is like 3-5 seconds or so......

I just can't get it to power, its mostly bad solderin connection I believe....don't worry about that

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

SeanB~1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Traffic Signal Controller/Sequencer « Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 03:11:03 PM » Author: SeanB~1
If I was to build one I would use an old computer, running a very small sequence and driving the lights via an interface. I did that to replace a nasty crochety sequencer for some machinery, that relied on a long chain of timers, that became very flaky. The replacement used an old 80386SX motherboard, running at 33MHz, with 2M of ram and a FDD to bootstrap MSDOS and the software written in GWBASIC. Quick and dirty, but minimal requirements, and recycling obsolete equipment as a bonus. Resolution required was in the minutes range, so this was perfect. It ran fine for around 10 years, until the machinery it ran was obsoleted last year.

The digital control allowed a lot more functionality, as well as some basic diagnostics, that until then had been lacking. No fancy GUI, just a old CGA monitor with green text on a black background, that spent most of the time switched off, eeven though I added a screensaver into the routines to prevent more burn than the old monitor already had from static menus.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies