Author Topic: Changing lamps at 1,500 ft UP !!  (Read 8652 times)
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Changing lamps at 1,500 ft UP !! « Reply #15 on: July 11, 2021, 05:37:01 PM » Author: HPS_250
I don’t care what kind of payment I would be receiving, there’s no way I could do that! :o

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Changing lamps at 1,500 ft UP !! « Reply #16 on: July 11, 2021, 05:37:30 PM » Author: Bulbman256
I saw another of these videos where the guy discovered that the replacement strobe tube he brought up was defective !! DOH!

They really should bring 2 as a backup then. :wndr:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Changing lamps at 1,500 ft UP !! « Reply #17 on: July 11, 2021, 05:41:21 PM » Author: Econolite03
It's not so much heights I mind, it's falling from them I have trouble with, especially the hitting the ground at high speed bit  :poof:  :mrg:

I’ll bring a cape so I can fly! Ok on a serious note yeah I have a fear of falling.
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Changing lamps at 1,500 ft UP !! « Reply #18 on: July 11, 2021, 06:39:30 PM » Author: funkybulb
Ive been up one climbing whole 1750 feet of it.    Talk about being sore at end of the day!  Lamp i replace was 300 volt rated code 620 watt code beacon lamp.  What i did took a modified fishing pole up there with me and a drill.  With a fishing line to bring up the 5 gallon bucket of lamps.  And as much as iIike to keep old lamps, sadly i just chuck old working lamp off the Tv tower

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies