Author Topic: Is this a medium pressure mercury lamp?  (Read 1717 times)
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Is this a medium pressure mercury lamp? « on: September 21, 2020, 05:53:27 PM » Author: HPS_250
I stumbled upon this odd lamp on eBay. It is a 400w General Electric tubular mercury vapor, and I’m trying to figure out if it’s high pressure or medium pressure. Does anyone know? (Admins, feel free to move this topic into the modern lamps board, as I don’t know when it was manufactured.)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/202814987387

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is this a medium pressure mercury lamp? « Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 09:31:31 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
The lamp was made in 3/98 . Ge lists this lamp as "special application & black light. I'd guess it was used in some sort of lab equipment.  I have the Sylvania version which is made in 1995.

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Is this a medium pressure mercury lamp? « Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 03:19:05 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I stumbled upon this odd lamp on eBay. It is a 400w General Electric tubular mercury vapor, and I’m trying to figure out if it’s high pressure or medium pressure. Does anyone know? (Admins, feel free to move this topic into the modern lamps board, as I don’t know when it was manufactured.)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/202814987387

This is actually a high pressure mercury lamp in a tubular envelope often seen in British MB/U lamps.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Is this a medium pressure mercury lamp? « Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 04:11:35 PM » Author: HPS_250
Thanks for the responses! I realize that this is a high pressure mercury lamp now that I have looked at the arc tube more closely.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Is this a medium pressure mercury lamp? « Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 04:14:08 PM » Author: joseph_125
I've always wonder what was the exact reason for these. I came across a Sylvania one at a Restore for $20 7 years ago and I balked at the price.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Is this a medium pressure mercury lamp? « Reply #5 on: October 11, 2020, 04:50:11 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Thanks for the responses! I realize that this is a high pressure mercury lamp now that I have looked at the arc tube more closely.

This lamp can be used as a retrofit for the A-H1 since it has the exact same shape.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies