Author Topic: Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts  (Read 6506 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts « Reply #30 on: September 27, 2020, 12:06:03 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
problem is some of that "California crap" can spread to the rest of the country...

That is true, but I doubt it will happen to the rest of the US...

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts « Reply #31 on: October 02, 2020, 09:02:10 PM » Author: High Intensity
I'm just going to throw this out here, but i think Robertson discontinued most of their HID ballasts, as they only list 9 HID ballasts on their website, and when i tried looking for their 150w HPS ballast on Amazon, it said it was discontinued (this ballast also happens to be missing from their website).
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts « Reply #32 on: October 03, 2020, 03:41:12 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
I'm just going to throw this out here, but i think Robertson discontinued most of their HID ballasts, as they only list 9 HID ballasts on their website, and when i tried looking for their 150w HPS ballast on Amazon, it said it was discontinued (this ballast also happens to be missing from their website).

Welp, GO FIGURE!  >:( They just think that LED is the future, and you know what, with this COVID crap going on you know that the ballast makers (GE, Sola, Pacific Ballast, and etc) are probably gonna stop making HID ballasts forever if this COVID crap keeps up. >:( I truly hate that LEDs are officially taking over on EVERYTHING!  ::) >:( :curse:

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts « Reply #33 on: October 11, 2020, 02:10:02 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Even CMH may be banned despite having such a high luminous efficacy. Those ballast makers seem to STOP TAKING LUMENS PER WATT INTO ACCOUNT AND GET BRAINWASHED INTO THINKING THAT LED LIGHTING IS THE WORLD’S MOST ENERGY EFFICIENT LIGHT SOURCE. THIS IS WRONG. FOR EXAMPLE, THE LED LAMPS THAT ACTUALLY ARE DESIGNED TO REPLACE SOX LAMPS ACTUALLY HAVE A LOWER EFFICACY THAN THE SOX LAMPS THEMSELVES. THIS WAY OF THINKING WILL CERTAINLY LEAD TO REDUCED VISIBILITY ON STREETS AND LEAD TO MORE CAR ACCIDENTS. CRIMES WILL GO UP BECAUSE LIGHTING LEVELS WILL DROP. WHEN CITIES GO COMPLETELY LED, THEIR ENERGY CONSUMPTION WILL INCREASE BECAUSE RESIDENTS WILL VOICE CONCERNS THAT THEIR NEIGHBORHOODS ARE NOT PROPERLY LIGHTED AND THAT THEY DO NOT FEEL SAFE. AS A RESULT, CITIES WILL BE FORCED TO SPEND HUGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY INSTALLING MORE STREET LIGHTS IN ORDER TO MEET PROPER LIGHTING LEVELS. BY THEN, REPLACEABLE LIGHT BULBS FOR MOST APPLICATIONS WILL BECOME A THING OF THE PAST. THIS WILL LEAD TO MORE WASTE BEING GENERATED WHEN ENTIRE FIXTURES HAVE TO BE REPLACED REGULARLY AND THIS WILL LEAD TO HIGHER MAINTENANCE COSTS FOR  CITIES TO MAINTAIN THEIR STREET LIGHTING. JUST SIMPLY CHANGING A BULB OR A BALLAST KEEPS MAINTENANCE COSTS DOWN SINCE CHANGING A BULB REQUIRES LESS SKILLS THAN TO CHANGE A FIXTURE. This is one of my ANTI-LED rants explaining my reasons for hating LED lighting for cities and towns.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 02:17:41 AM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts « Reply #34 on: October 11, 2020, 03:02:35 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I actually found out that ISB Sola is still making HID fixtures for the Mexican market and plus their ballasts can run on US mains depending on the voltage of the ballast.

Here is their website still listing HID fixtures that are being made by them. If you have trouble understanding the Spanish, you can use google translate to help you understand:

https://www.isbmex.com/hid-industrial.php

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts « Reply #35 on: October 11, 2020, 03:45:43 AM » Author: joseph_125
TBH I'm suprised that Advance isn't still making ballasts. They're the main OEM for ballasts used in American Electric lights. Yeah I heard that a lot of stuff "banned" in the US is still made for the Mexican and to a lesser extent the Canadian market.

Over here they sold 175w MV yardlights which were banned in the US in 2008 up until 1-2 years ago. I don't think they were even banned here, just LED took off in recent years and became the death knell for them.

Sola has a prescence in Canada but their website is kinda outdated. They still list the probe start ballasts as being compatible with mercury lamps. 
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts « Reply #36 on: October 11, 2020, 03:51:52 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
In Israel, the ballast company Eltam also stopped making ballasts for the Israeli market in favor of LED lighting too according to dor123.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts « Reply #37 on: October 11, 2020, 03:54:21 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
TBH I'm suprised that Advance isn't still making ballasts. They're the main OEM for ballasts used in American Electric lights. Yeah I heard that a lot of stuff "banned" in the US is still made for the Mexican and to a lesser extent the Canadian market.

Over here they sold 175w MV yardlights which were banned in the US in 2008 up until 1-2 years ago. I don't think they were even banned here, just LED took off in recent years and became the death knell for them.

Sola has a prescence in Canada but their website is kinda outdated. They still list the probe start ballasts as being compatible with mercury lamps. 

Mexico also banned magnetic fluorescent ballasts and incandescent bulbs too.

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts « Reply #38 on: October 16, 2020, 03:17:12 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
What companies are still manufacturing ballasts?

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Advance/Venture have discontinued making HID ballasts « Reply #39 on: October 16, 2020, 03:43:44 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
What companies are still manufacturing ballasts?

Has keystone, Topaz, or Universal stopped making HID ballasts too?

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies