Author Topic: TXDOT is putting LED high masts on the Grand Parkway (TX99)  (Read 1098 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
TXDOT is putting LED high masts on the Grand Parkway (TX99) « on: September 27, 2020, 12:00:07 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
When I was on the Grand Parkway past US290, I noticed that TXDOT is installing LED high masts on the side of the tollway, which they're using Greenstar Comet Series LED high mast fixtures. So now, as they're installing LED high masts, the mix of HPS/LEDs on the poles with trussarms by the entrance and exit ramps will be gone. Should I see if I can save a HPS fixture from the electricians at the changeout, or save the ones at the intersection from the electricians at the changeout?

Probably I'm asking that question too much already...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 12:03:59 AM by lightinglover8902 » Logged

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: TXDOT is putting LED high masts on the Grand Parkway (TX99) « Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 12:08:08 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Of course you should ask! Save whatever you can. Try your best to get them.

It's like me saying this, "Should I save some mercury lamps and ballasts from the mercury vapor underpass lights that are soon to be removed?" (actually about to happen here, by the way because of a big improvement project going on).
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: TXDOT is putting LED high masts on the Grand Parkway (TX99) « Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 12:18:13 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Of course you should ask! Save whatever you can. Try your best to get them.

It's like me saying this, "Should I save some mercury lamps and ballasts from the mercury vapor underpass lights that are soon to be removed?" (actually about to happen here, by the way because of a big improvement project going on).

Well, If I catch them with the bucket truck, I'll try to pull over on the side of the freeway and I'll ask. ;)  I'm probably leaning more towards the intersection ones, which they have multi-volt ballasts and the freeway ones are 240/480v ballasts. But I'll probably might change the ballast on the 240/480v ones, or get a dryer plug to run the 240/480v fixture from 240v.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies