Author Topic: Add another to the growing list of people who hate delivery damages  (Read 1693 times)
takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Add another to the growing list of people who hate delivery damages « on: September 26, 2020, 03:55:08 PM » Author: takemorepills
This month has been terrible for buying stuff online.

I bought 2 Westinghouse Color Tone PAR38 NOS amber and 2 more in pink. Shaken so badly that the filament were broken on 2, a bonding wire broken on the third, and the fourth I don't dare use as it may only have a few hours left in it considering all of the rough handling (USPS)

I also bought a case of NOS PAR38 bulbs, when UPS arrived at my home, I distinctly heard the rattle of glass shards (windows were open) and when I looked out the window the UPS driver apparently realized my case of bulbs was ruined and didn't even bother to deliver them, my shipping status was immediately updated to "package damaged in transit, returning to sender".

Yesterday I bought a super duper rare album from a punk band from Tucson, AZ, and it was absolutely destroyed. Last new copy I could track down. Just ruined by USPS.

Now, I feel almost ZERO motivation to purchase anything online. It's been a bad month.
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Add another to the growing list of people who hate delivery damages « Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 05:47:19 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
That sucks... Honestly, aren't the sellers on ebay, Amazon.com and etc are not bothered to pack fragile items before they ship it out?  ::)

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Add another to the growing list of people who hate delivery damages « Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 06:45:25 PM » Author: takemorepills
That sucks... Honestly, aren't the sellers on ebay, Amazon.com and etc are not bothered to pack fragile items before they ship it out?  ::)

The light bulb stuff I ordered was well packed. Just shaken very hard.
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Add another to the growing list of people who hate delivery damages « Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 07:20:49 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
The light bulb stuff I ordered was well packed. Just shaken very hard.

Yeah, it sucks that record disk broke. Those were VERY fragile back then, when record players were used.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Add another to the growing list of people who hate delivery damages « Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 08:43:03 PM » Author: joseph_125
Even the album was fairly well packed IMO. They at least used what looks to be a proper record mailer instead of slipping the album in a bubble envelope or slapping a shipping label on the album itself. Granted I used to always buy albums in person compared to online.
Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Add another to the growing list of people who hate delivery damages « Reply #5 on: September 27, 2020, 01:46:06 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
That Album looks like someone drove over it with something.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Add another to the growing list of people who hate delivery damages « Reply #6 on: September 27, 2020, 10:05:51 AM » Author: takemorepills
Everything I've received that was damaged was properly packed.

I heard that shipping services are strained since the pandemic, so that probably has a lot to do with it.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Add another to the growing list of people who hate delivery damages « Reply #7 on: September 27, 2020, 08:31:37 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Yeah, it sucks that record disk broke. Those were VERY fragile back then, when record players were used.

What do you mean WHEN ? Vinyl is actually making a comeback . I still have and play most of my records .  8;)

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Add another to the growing list of people who hate delivery damages « Reply #8 on: September 27, 2020, 08:33:41 PM » Author: takemorepills
What do you mean WHEN ? Vinyl is actually making a comeback . I still have and play most of my records .  8;)

Heck yeah, obviously I'm buying vinyl in 2020!
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Add another to the growing list of people who hate delivery damages « Reply #9 on: September 27, 2020, 08:36:16 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I have a few old jukeboxes so 45's rule in my house !

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Add another to the growing list of people who hate delivery damages « Reply #10 on: September 27, 2020, 08:36:21 PM » Author: lightinglover8902

Really? I thought they got obsolete...

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Add another to the growing list of people who hate delivery damages « Reply #11 on: September 27, 2020, 08:45:26 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
They started coming back a little over a year or so ago , look in the electronics section of your local Target or Wal-Mart  there is usually a small selection in stock . Some electronics stores such as Best Buy also have a decent selection again .

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Add another to the growing list of people who hate delivery damages « Reply #12 on: September 27, 2020, 09:22:41 PM » Author: takemorepills
Really? I thought they got obsolete...

As is most of the lighting that members of this website are fans of. Never stopped anyone from continuing to enjoy it.

As Wide-Lite said, vinyl is available in stores again, and as of 2019 has begun outselling CD's. My 13 y/o son always stops at the vinyl section to see what's new.

Of course, we also use our smartphones for streaming online music or playing MP3s conveniently. But, having a record player at home is a fun way to unwind and enjoy an entire album. Plus, the sound quality is shockingly good when you consider how old the tech is.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Add another to the growing list of people who hate delivery damages « Reply #13 on: September 28, 2020, 12:17:43 AM » Author: joseph_125
Same here, most of my physical music is either on vinyl or cassette. I have digital streaming set up on most of my stereo systems but I still do the bulk of my listening on vinyl or cassette. A decent quality Type II cassette recorded and played on a good deck actually sounds pretty nice for tech that was originally designed for voice.

Over here I noticed that by 2010 or so a lot of new albums started getting a release on vinyl and by now a lot of stores now sell some form of record player. Be it the cheap Crosleys or a decent component turntable.

At the record store I frequent I see quite a lot of young people buying records too.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies