Author Topic: I feel kind of bad over this  (Read 1362 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
I feel kind of bad over this « on: September 27, 2020, 06:53:50 PM » Author: Cole D.
So a few weeks ago when I went to Home Depot they had marked the Philips HID and PL lamps down, since they switched brands. The 175W mercury lamps were marked $4.99 I think. Both the clear and coated were mixed together and marked $4.99 on the shelf. I decided to get a coated lamp vs clear.

When I went to the self checkout and scanned the lamp, it came up as $14.99. So I called the attendant over and told her it was supposed to be on clearance. So she wanted me to go show her what it said on the shelf. And she confirmed it and wrote down the SKU. She said, "I bet they put it in wrong. Whatever it says on the shelf is what you'll get it for." When she got back to the checkout she input the number and said "yep, see, they put it in wrong!" So I got it for $4.99, thinking they just messed up in the computer.

Well the next week I went back, and I noticed the clear and coated mercury lamps this time were separated, and the clear ones WERE marked $4.99, but the coated ones were marked $14.99, like the one I got rang up as. I decided to get a clear one since just to have a spare lamp on hand, and it rang up correctly.

Now the clear lamps are all gone but the coated ones are still there for $14.99

So I think what happened, is I ended up getting something that was supposed to be $14.99 for $4.99 because it was in the wrong spot, or actually there wasn't a spot for it at all. But I didn't realize it until now. Plus the attendant was limping and she said she was going be having surgery on her hip. So I feel bad I made her walk across the store to check the price too.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 06:56:23 PM by Cole D. » Logged

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: I feel kind of bad over this « Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 08:21:24 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I would worry yourself over it too much Cole . I personally blame the store . In the end , it's their responsibility to ensure the items are in the correct location and priced correctly. I just bought some steel flat bar for a project that was also located in the wrong bay . I complained about the price difference and the manager said " since all of this size is in the wrong location , it's our fault , sell it to him at the price marked in the bay !"  I got a $40 piece of steel for $17 .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: I feel kind of bad over this « Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 05:35:23 PM » Author: Rommie
If it was a small one-man business I'd feel bad and go back and offer to make up the difference. A large chain can easily absorb mistakes like that, although be aware some store managers are nasty types and take the money from the employee's wages. That happened (to someone else, not me) when I once worked at a petrol station many years ago.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: I feel kind of bad over this « Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 05:54:05 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah I personally blame the store for not marking the prices clearly.

Over here a lot of larger chains have this voluntary code known as the scanning code of practice which is basically a policy where if an item scans for higher than the price on the shelf the customer either gets it for free if it's $10 or under or $10 off the lower price if over $10.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: I feel kind of bad over this « Reply #4 on: October 03, 2020, 02:27:33 PM » Author: Cole D.
That's what I was thinking, it's the store that labeled the merchandise wrong. I think maybe when I bought that lamp, it brought to their attention that there was an error. Or maybe they just caught it during restocking that area.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies