Author Topic: "Web finds" Clean up and organization  (Read 2093 times)
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

"Web finds" Clean up and organization « on: October 03, 2020, 10:56:26 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Greetings all,

I have finished reviewing the posts in the 'Web Finds' section. Posts with dead links and little to no discussion were deleted. I've also made some modifications to show the status of the posts. Some of you may have already noticed these changes. Here is what they mean.

Listing ended - This is applied in the titles of any post with links that open to ebay on items that have ended but can still be seen. This marking allows me to watch the post and remove it eventually.

ARCHIVED FOR INFO - This is applied in the title of posts that have dead links but the discussion in its thread features information that may be important to members. These posts will remain up unless the author removes it.

Admin edit - You will see this mark from me inside your post if I have added an update to your post. In most cases I do not delete the original content of your post.

-----
During our last purge of the for sale and trade, there was some feedback from members upset that they've lost important info in the threads of expired posts that were purged so I am trying this method to reduce whats deleted and give members the choice to delete their posts while also making clear which posts have expired listings in them. This makes it easier for members who want to buy something as well as for those who wish to view info and discuss what is no longer available. If you have any feedback or suggestions please feel free to let me know.

Administrator #5

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies