Author Topic: Question about the run-up of HG-free HPS lamps  (Read 1582 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Question about the run-up of HG-free HPS lamps « on: May 05, 2010, 03:19:36 PM » Author: dor123
In a video on Youtube of a HG-free HPS lamp that exhibit the inital run-up of this type of lamp. The white light of the xenon was of course much brighter then in normal HPS lamp because of it high pressure (300 torr vs 50 torr of regular HPS), but the sodium began to vaporize soon after the lamp ignited (Without the 25-45 secs wait of the regular HPS). What cause this phenomenon in HPS lamps without mercury?

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Question about the run-up of HG-free HPS lamps « Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 07:29:55 AM » Author: Medved
The higher xenon pressure mean higher arc voltage, so higher power dissipation in this state, so the arctube heat up and sodium evaporate quicker...

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies