Author Topic: The Sketchiest Way to Use CFLs  (Read 17455 times)
Mr. Orthosilicate

View Posts
View Gallery

The Sketchiest Way to Use CFLs « on: January 30, 2020, 07:29:06 PM » Author: Mr. Orthosilicate
I found this video of a rather bad homemade CFL setup. The worst part is that he tried to cover the live parts, but didn’t due so effectively. If you don’t mind getting electrocuted, it’s not terribly bad. Enjoy the redneck engineering at its finest: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jwl_k5Ih1YE
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: The Sketchiest Way to Use CFLs « Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 03:33:25 PM » Author: AngryHorse
That’s quite cleaver, totally mad but cleaver!  ;D 8)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: The Sketchiest Way to Use CFLs « Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 03:35:59 PM » Author: Rommie
That's just good old plain bonkers  :D

By the way Rich, what have very sharp, dangerous butchers knives got to do with it..?  :P ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: The Sketchiest Way to Use CFLs « Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 04:21:35 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I found this video of a rather bad homemade CFL setup. The worst part is that he tried to cover the live parts, but didn’t due so effectively. If you don’t mind getting electrocuted, it’s not terribly bad. Enjoy the redneck engineering at its finest: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jwl_k5Ih1YE
It's not that bad for a prototype, I've seen lamps a lot more dangerous than this on eBay for sale.! :o

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: The Sketchiest Way to Use CFLs « Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 02:44:24 AM » Author: AngryHorse
That's just good old plain bonkers  :D

By the way Rich, what have very sharp, dangerous butchers knives got to do with it..?  :P ;D
:lol: :lol: :lol:, I’ve just re-read this an realised what I’d done!, not very CLEVER!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The Sketchiest Way to Use CFLs « Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 07:51:38 AM » Author: Jovan
That’s quite cleaver, totally mad but cleaver!  ;D 8)
It's super dodgy :)
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The Sketchiest Way to Use CFLs « Reply #6 on: April 20, 2020, 07:53:22 AM » Author: Jovan
Clip says poor mans LIGHT.Well if he had money to buy these CFLs why the hell didn't bought sockets for those bulbs.Sockets are cheap.
DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: The Sketchiest Way to Use CFLs « Reply #7 on: September 30, 2020, 11:17:23 AM » Author: DieselNut
That is genius!

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies