Author Topic: Westinghouse OV-50 Silverliner on eBay  (Read 406 times)
WestinghouseCeramalux

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Westinghouse OV-50 Silverliner on eBay « on: October 15, 2020, 10:20:59 AM » Author: WestinghouseCeramalux
Westinghouse OV-50 Silverliner.

Proudy suffering from "Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease" since 1977! :lol:
There's no known cure for Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, so the only way to treat it is to find more!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Real HID lamps contain Hg! ;D

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Westinghouse OV-50 Silverliner on eBay « Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 11:31:19 AM » Author: HPSM250R2
Westinghouse OV-50 Silverliner.

Only thing with this fixture is that it doesn't have the original ballast. This listing has been posted here in the forum a few times. I messaged the seller asking for more photos in the past and if I remember correctly it has an aftermarket 400w M59 ballast. Otherwise I would have purchased this already myself.
WestinghouseCeramalux

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Westinghouse OV-50 Silverliner on eBay « Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 05:33:55 PM » Author: WestinghouseCeramalux
Yeah, I've posted it here before. If one were to buy a Cooper 1000W MH/MV ballast and install it, it could almost pass as original.

There's no known cure for Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, so the only way to treat it is to find more!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery
MH, HPS, MV, and SOX lighting forever.

Re: Westinghouse OV-50 Silverliner on eBay « Reply #3 on: October 16, 2020, 03:23:54 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
This lantern seems extremely expensive.

Say NO to ballast and bulb bans. MV, MH, HPS, and SOX forever!!!! Magnetic preheat fluorescent forever!!!!!

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), ballasts, and fixtures from around the world.

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Westinghouse OV-50 Silverliner on eBay « Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 04:35:57 AM » Author: HPSM250R2
This lantern seems extremely expensive.

That's cheap considering it includes shipping.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Westinghouse OV-50 Silverliner on eBay « Reply #5 on: October 16, 2020, 10:39:57 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Considering the fact that mine weighs 70 lbs ! The shipping cost for the seller must be astronomical! :o

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Westinghouse OV-50 Silverliner on eBay « Reply #6 on: October 16, 2020, 10:44:08 PM » Author: joseph_125
I have no room, or willing to spend that much for a light now or I'd get one. If I do I'll probably stick a 1kW ballast in it so it's at least using the original lamp type and wattage.

Seller is in NYC but apparently has some upstate so I could probably make it a road trip to pick one up when the borders are open again.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

Multicolor NE-2s

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Westinghouse OV-50 Silverliner on eBay « Reply #7 on: October 16, 2020, 11:33:43 PM » Author: Lumex120
$300 with free shipping is fair for one of these IMO. I'm actually quite tempted to get this but I have no space whatsoever and I really can't be spending extra cash.

Any machine is a smoke machine if you operate it wrong enough.

vintagefluorescent

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Westinghouse OV-50 Silverliner on eBay « Reply #8 on: October 17, 2020, 09:46:16 PM » Author: vintagefluorescent
Anyone planning on purchasing this light be careful!
Soí You have 11 pictures posted and not even 1 shows the inside
Of the fixture not even 1.

Obviously this seller is hiding something- Guys just be careful as
Something just isnít  right about this .

I personally have had a lot of not so good surprises over the Years dealing
With these types of sellers - Just be careful! Something just isnít right,
WestinghouseCeramalux

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Westinghouse OV-50 Silverliner on eBay « Reply #9 on: October 18, 2020, 08:52:25 AM » Author: WestinghouseCeramalux
Anyone planning on purchasing this light be careful!
Soí You have 11 pictures posted and not even 1 shows the inside
Of the fixture not even 1.

Obviously this seller is hiding something- Guys just be careful as
Something just isnít  right about this .

I personally have had a lot of not so good surprises over the Years dealing
With these types of sellers - Just be careful! Something just isnít right.

If you ask them for interior pics, they'll send them to you. They sent some to me a while back when I was thinking about buying it. I ended up passing due to lack of space.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 08:54:14 AM by WestinghouseCeramalux » Logged

vintagefluorescent

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Westinghouse OV-50 Silverliner on eBay « Reply #10 on: October 18, 2020, 01:09:40 PM » Author: vintagefluorescent
The reason for the warning is when You look at this vintage light
You may begin to fantasize about the possibility of all the beautiful internal
Gear being all there and all original, The possibility of it having its original
Bulb or an early bt clear topper only to find out it has new gear and bulb inside and the possibility of it being butchered with all new upgrades,

Thereís no reason why the seller could not post pictures of the internals
Especially with all the knowledge he has on the light.

Buyer beware,
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Westinghouse OV-50 Silverliner on eBay « Reply #11 on: October 18, 2020, 01:22:26 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
If someone gets it, they should put a H36 ballast and a BT56 1kW mercury lamp in this huge lantern.

Say NO to ballast and bulb bans. MV, MH, HPS, and SOX forever!!!! Magnetic preheat fluorescent forever!!!!!

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), ballasts, and fixtures from around the world.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Westinghouse OV-50 Silverliner on eBay « Reply #12 on: October 18, 2020, 07:33:53 PM » Author: funkybulb
If it was finned OV50 i would of gone for it

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Westinghouse OV-50 Silverliner on eBay « Reply #13 on: October 18, 2020, 07:35:04 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
If it was finned OV50 i would of gone for it

funkybulb, are you interested in having a British SOX lantern in your collection?

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Westinghouse OV-50 Silverliner on eBay « Reply #14 on: October 18, 2020, 10:32:39 PM » Author: funkybulb
 WoldwidehiidcollectorUSA

I dont mine some british Sox lantern
   But i do have a Thorn sox 55er (beta 2) that thorn
   Introduce into the US market have American ballast and
  That british designed made to fit our 2 inch arm our poles.

I also have US market Thorn Sonpak in 3 wattages 50, 70, 150 watts.  I am missing the 35 watts and the 100 watt Sonpaks,  they imported a the fixture over and  then install
 The american HPS ballast.   One of Thorn lamp is a US made
 Sylvania 50 watt HPS with Thorn etch!

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines