Author Topic: How to get lamps from eBay sellers who will not ship to your home country?  (Read 2609 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
How to get lamps from eBay sellers who will not ship to your home country? « on: October 11, 2020, 03:24:29 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Does anybody have any experience with obtaining lamps from eBay sellers who will not ship lamps to their home countries? For example, I saw some US H34 mercury lamps on the Australian eBay and a US H39 BT shaped mercury lamp from the same seller. From what I was told, this seller cannot ship outside of Australia. I wonder how I can obtain certain bulbs that will not ship directly to the USA? I really want to get Philips SON-H 68w mercury retrofit bulbs for my collection, but I found a German eBay listing for them and they did not specify shipping to the USA. I also would like to know how I can bypass language barriers when asking for shipping to the USA?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 03:26:33 PM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: How to get lamps from eBay sellers who will not ship to your home country? « Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 04:01:51 PM » Author: joseph_125
Not lamps specifically but in the past I have gotten eBay sellers that say USA only or don't have the shipping preset for Canada to ship to me. I usually send them a polite message saying that I'm interested in the item and asking how much will it cost to ship to Canada via USPS/UPS. Most I've spoken to that way will usually oblige especially if the seller didn't explicitly say USA only.

The other option is to use a freight forwarder company, for US to Canada there are plenty of companies that will do that for you can only change you a small fee + customs if you can pick up your package from the warehouse on the Canadian side.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How to get lamps from eBay sellers who will not ship to your home country? « Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 04:47:11 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Not lamps specifically but in the past I have gotten eBay sellers that say USA only or don't have the shipping preset for Canada to ship to me. I usually send them a polite message saying that I'm interested in the item and asking how much will it cost to ship to Canada via USPS/UPS. Most I've spoken to that way will usually oblige especially if the seller didn't explicitly say USA only.

The other option is to use a freight forwarder company, for US to Canada there are plenty of companies that will do that for you can only change you a small fee + customs if you can pick up your package from the warehouse on the Canadian side.

I did ask for the shipping price to the USA for the Australian seller and he said that they can only ship within Australia. I also had this same statement said by some British sellers when I was looking for SOX street lights and they explicitly said that they only ship within the UK.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: How to get lamps from eBay sellers who will not ship to your home country? « Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 06:28:40 PM » Author: joseph_125
In that case if you really want it you'll have to make it easy for the seller so either use a freight forwarder or if you're lucky get something like a UPS/DHL etc account and get the seller to just drop it off at their local UPS/DHL etc location and have them handle the rest and bill to your account. Some sellers would do that as it's less hassle for them.

I suppose you could also try to ask any collectors in those countries if they're willing to handle the transaction for you.
BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: How to get lamps from eBay sellers who will not ship to your home country? « Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 02:51:07 PM » Author: BT25
Google translate, and bribes!  :lol: :o

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How to get lamps from eBay sellers who will not ship to your home country? « Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 09:46:02 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I also have an interest in trying to obtain light bulbs and ballasts from Latin American countries such as Mexico and Colombia. I did find mercado libre Mexico and I am not able to directly ship items to the USA since I need to use a Mexican postal code and input a Mexican state for my delivery address. Can I use a freight forwarder to ship mercado libre mexico stuff to the USA?

lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: How to get lamps from eBay sellers who will not ship to your home country? « Reply #6 on: October 15, 2020, 04:35:56 AM » Author: lights*plus
LG has members from across the world. If you absolutely must have something, ask in the WANTED board to get someone to buy it for you. Then have it shipped to you. You'll pay twice for shipping although local shipping (ebay site to middleman) might be inexpensive.
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How to get lamps from eBay sellers who will not ship to your home country? « Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 11:31:16 AM » Author: funkybulb
It takes time and pairent to deal with Ebay sellers
  Heck I had one went all the way that shipped a
Pair of 8ft 125 watt fluorescent tubes across the
Pond.    Most problem is i get is stuff like this it dont
Work for your country that u live in that 120 volt.
   Right now I am having problems securing a 6ft
 Fluorescent fitting from across the pond.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: How to get lamps from eBay sellers who will not ship to your home country? « Reply #8 on: October 15, 2020, 12:20:45 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
LG has members from across the world. If you absolutely must have something, ask in the WANTED board to get someone to buy it for you. Then have it shipped to you. You'll pay twice for shipping although local shipping (ebay site to middleman) might be inexpensive.
We've been there and done that. Thanks Andy (589)  :-* :bulbman:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies