Author Topic: Has anyone been to a gymnasium that is entirely lit by clear mercury vapor lamps  (Read 1242 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Has anyone been to a gymnasium that is entirely lit by clear mercury vapor lamps « on: October 18, 2020, 03:29:54 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I wonder if anyone has been inside an indoor gymnasium where every high bay fixture uses a clear mercury vapor bulb?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Has anyone been to a gymnasium that is entirely lit by clear mercury vapor lamps « Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 07:16:34 AM » Author: sol
No but I've been in a shopping mall where all the recessed cans were. There were (most likely F40T12) cove lighting to kind of balance it out, although it did a very poor job. Most likely M57 lamps that were replaced with H39 ones by someone who either doesn't know, doesn't care or both.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Has anyone been to a gymnasium that is entirely lit by clear mercury vapor lamps « Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 06:35:59 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Imagine what it would be like if you saw a video of a high school basketball game where every 400w metal halide high bay fixture ran a 400w clear mercury vapor lamp.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Has anyone been to a gymnasium that is entirely lit by clear mercury vapor lamps « Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 06:45:00 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
We have the 2 highbays at work with the clear mercs in them , it looks kinda nice.

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

WigWag
Re: Has anyone been to a gymnasium that is entirely lit by clear mercury vapor lamps « Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 10:05:23 PM » Author: WigWag
I wonder if anyone has been inside an indoor gymnasium where every high bay fixture uses a clear mercury vapor bulb?

Can't say I have, but have you ever noticed how awful your face looks in a mirror in a restroom with fluorescent lights? Every cut, scrape, scratch, scar, scab, bruise, boil, bump, pimple, zit, wart, welt and abscess you've had since birth all seem to come out at the same time!  :lol:
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Has anyone been to a gymnasium that is entirely lit by clear mercury vapor lamps « Reply #5 on: October 18, 2020, 10:08:20 PM » Author: sol
Can't say I have, but have you ever noticed how awful your face looks in a mirror in a restroom with fluorescent lights? Every cut, scrape, scratch, scar, scab, bruise, boil, bump, pimple, zit, wart, welt and abscess you've had since birth all seem to come out at the same time!  :lol:

And in all sorts of weird colours if said fluorescent lamps are of poor CRI. Yes, I've noticed that, too.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies