Author Topic: how to turn on a LPS/SOX bulb in another way?  (Read 3768 times)
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
how to turn on a LPS/SOX bulb in another way? « on: August 19, 2006, 02:59:02 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Is there any other ways I can turn on a 18 watt LPS lamp...if I do not have a LPS ballast or fixture??? 

I know it is recommended to turn on a LPS with a proper ballast......but from someone...it is possible to turn on a 18 watt LPS with some other source.....

But I donno....can anyone tell me if there's another way to turn one on?

Thanks!

-Jace-
-Tudor Man-

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

imj
Re: how to turn on a LPS/SOX bulb in another way? « Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 11:15:10 AM » Author: imj
Hi Tudor, U can try using a magnetic preheat T8 flourescent ballast with about the same current rating because LPS being similar to flourescent discharges. :-\  And don't forget to put a starter parallel to the lamp.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 11:27:29 AM by imj » Logged
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: how to turn on a LPS/SOX bulb in another way? « Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 05:10:48 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
how many watts of magnetic ballasts?

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

imj
Re: how to turn on a LPS/SOX bulb in another way? « Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 11:49:36 PM » Author: imj
As close to the LPS as possible and only T8 ballasts not cfl... U can check the LPS currents in the Osram website and match the T8 ballast current/watt selection to it..... :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 11:55:53 PM by imj » Logged
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies