Author Topic: Your opinion on the DLC (DesignLights Consortium)  (Read 494 times)
HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Your opinion on the DLC (DesignLights Consortium) « on: July 08, 2023, 05:54:52 PM » Author: HIDLad001
To quote from their website
The DLC is a non-profit organization improving energy efficiency, lighting quality, and the human experience in the built environment. We collaborate with utilities, energy efficiency programs, manufacturers, lighting designers, building owners, and government entities to create rigorous criteria for lighting performance that keeps up with the pace of technology. Together, we’re creating solutions for a better future with better lighting.
And I'll bet that most of you have seen the "DLC Listed" symbol on an LED lighting product when looking at a manufacturer's website or product page.
What are your opinions on this organization?
Obviously there will always be Chinese companies that abuse the mark and use it without permission, and there is an entire section on their website for violations.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 05:56:55 PM by HIDLad001 » Logged

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Your opinion on the DLC (DesignLights Consortium) « Reply #1 on: July 09, 2023, 10:10:45 AM » Author: Rommie
Never heard of them. And I don't want a "human experience", whatever that is, sounds ghastly  :sick:

I'll stick with incandescents and HID, thanks. Oh and LPS, of course  :lps:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Your opinion on the DLC (DesignLights Consortium) « Reply #2 on: July 09, 2023, 10:18:29 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Chinese companies have been abusing the CE mark for years.!  :poof: :curse:
So much so that in some circles it stands for Chinese Export.  ???
I've even heard some people say it stands for Caveat Emptor  :o

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: Your opinion on the DLC (DesignLights Consortium) « Reply #3 on: July 09, 2023, 10:51:44 AM » Author: HIDLad001
Do you watch Bigclive? He likes to use the term "Caveat Emptor" to describe the abuse of the CE marking on cheap Chinese electronic devices.
BTW there is a section in the "CE mark" Wikipedia article about "China Export"
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 10:54:29 AM by HIDLad001 » Logged

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Your opinion on the DLC (DesignLights Consortium) « Reply #4 on: July 09, 2023, 11:57:18 AM » Author: Rommie
Used to watch him a lot, but not so much now since all he seems to do is mess with cheap Chinese crap, which I have no interest in whatsoever, except to try and ensure I never buy any.

And he keeps calling circuit diagrams "schematics" which is irritating in the extreme  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies