Author Topic: What kind of MH fixture should I use indoors?  (Read 547 times)
thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

What kind of MH fixture should I use indoors? « on: October 25, 2021, 10:52:33 PM » Author: thelightingman
I am wondering what kind of MH fixture I should get for indoor use and I am wondering because one of the light fixtures in my kitchen is having some issues and it needs changed. Quick note, I can't use a recessed MH spot fixture in my kitchen because it would be too much work that I don't feel like doing because my house is so old. Would it be possible of I used a 70 or 100 watt MH flood light? Just let me know what suggestions you have, thanks.  :)

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

waterbug

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of MH fixture should I use indoors? « Reply #1 on: October 26, 2021, 01:53:50 AM » Author: waterbug
I actually run the 70W SON and 80W mercury vapor indoor and they are way too bright, the only discharge lamps I can comfortably use indoor is the 18W  :sox18: and the 55W but in wall sconces. For the hps and mercury I don't use any fixture for them, just the E27 lamp base mounted on the ceiling, the ballast and its wires were just a few meters away and also exposed lol I actually enjoyed looking at them and don't mind it.

A 35W metal halide or a coated hps (I think Osram made them, powerball line) would be sweet, but I can't find any in my local store.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 01:58:11 AM by waterbug » Logged
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What kind of MH fixture should I use indoors? « Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 08:41:14 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I agree with waterbug, you could run pretty much what you want, it's your house after all, but something of a low wattage as they can get very bright.  :bumh: :emh:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies