Author Topic: Update on my retirement from lighting hobby  (Read 1191 times)
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Update on my retirement from lighting hobby « on: September 26, 2020, 02:38:38 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
A few months ago I posted that I was going through some issues and planned to retire. It is with pleasure that I can announce that wont be the case. I've managed to get myself back on track with stress, anxiety and my lighting list. My collecting abilities are back on track also and I expect to be mostly done by winter.

Although my collecting days will be slow due to space and my collection list being near complete, it wont be forever as when the time comes to put up my lights, there will be years worth of updates and pictures to show them in action.

I will be here on LG to stay and will be here to interact with you all. If we have disagreed before, just know there is no hard feelings and there never was.

You can expect some good uploads in the next few weeks as I have alot of orders coming in that I'll be posting about.

Thank you all for the support during the rough patch. It is good to see the community supporting one another, even during these times we're all facing. Like with any hobby and life, there will be ups and downs.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 02:40:34 PM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged

Administrator #5

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Update on my retirement from lighting hobby « Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 03:15:51 PM » Author: Rommie
Good to hear it, although what's all this about your collection being complete..?  :o

Surely such a thing is not possible, there are always more lamps out there  :lol:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Update on my retirement from lighting hobby « Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 03:33:37 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
The collection of lights i intend to use nornally is nearing completion as ill have all i need to enjoy them, but ill always continue to collect the rarer more obscure stuff to enjoy and not use daily  :)

Administrator #5

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Update on my retirement from lighting hobby « Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 07:38:29 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I feel you on the retirement thing.  I've slacked off many times given how many times I've moved, etc, and haven't had space/time/money, but I always seem to find myself back in the hobby- in fact today I had a total eBay binge on F15T8 desk lamps. Never mind that I'm currently living in a 35' Terry travel trailer.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies