Author Topic: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay (listing ended)  (Read 5642 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay (listing ended) « Reply #30 on: October 30, 2020, 02:42:44 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I don't know who won it, but it went for a lot more than we were willing to pay for a lamp in that condition.!!  :poof:

I am just worried that someone might trash the SLI/H lamp and convert the fixture to LED.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay (listing ended) « Reply #31 on: October 30, 2020, 03:35:37 PM » Author: lights*plus
As far as I'm perplexed, the bidding went too high. The unspecified condition and shockingly sparse description for something rare & vintage indicated hands-off. I've got a similar dead SOX fixture, which I procured through some risk, and I can tell you is a ton of work.

Condition: -- [<- question anything without a "new"/"used"/"for parts" condition]
Ended: 30 Oct, 2020 18:33:53 GMT
Winning bid: £77.00 [23 bids]
Postage: £37.05 Express delivery to Canada
Item location: Oxford, United Kingdom
Seller: alchemhealthcare_6 (42) [<- no percentage indicating no feedback received in the last year]
eBay item number: 324346080200
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay (listing ended) « Reply #32 on: October 30, 2020, 06:51:54 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Seems like people who often get vintage light fixtures who are not lighting enthusiasts often want to convert them to LED and throw away the old bulb even if it works.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay (listing ended) « Reply #33 on: October 30, 2020, 06:53:55 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Did anyone on lighting gallery place bids for this fixture?

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay (listing ended) « Reply #34 on: October 30, 2020, 07:51:40 PM » Author: joseph_125
That went for more than I expected it to. I'm hoping considering the price it went for that someone willing to restore the fixture and knows about the value of the lamp got it.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay (listing ended) « Reply #35 on: October 30, 2020, 07:53:41 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Does anybody have fears other than myself where they worry that the lamp will get trashed and the fixture converted to LED?

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay « Reply #36 on: October 30, 2020, 07:56:50 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Exactly why would a collector want to restore this if the ballast is toast, never mind the lamp?

Just to clarify, I'd rather invest in a clean, unrusted fluorescent bulkhead fixture, modify it by adding an SLI/H ballast, add the proper sockets and get a known working lamp.

In the description there's a reference to another similar fixture (likely sold) which makes me believe the one still up on auction is a mess. So beware!

I actually have the seller’s other fixture in my collection and the lamp does work.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay (listing ended) « Reply #37 on: October 30, 2020, 08:10:58 PM » Author: funkybulb
That lantern went over 100 Bucks not  including shipping
 I did not bid on that Scrap

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay (listing ended) « Reply #38 on: October 30, 2020, 11:22:12 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
So, did nobody on LG win this fixture? Is so, the lamp might be scrapped.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay (listing ended) « Reply #39 on: October 30, 2020, 11:28:03 PM » Author: HPS_250
So, did nobody on LG win this fixture? Is so, the lamp might be scrapped.

All I can say is that I didn’t bid on it, but I definitely would have if it was in better condition. I just don’t have the time or money to restore a fixture like that.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay (listing ended) « Reply #40 on: October 30, 2020, 11:32:10 PM » Author: joseph_125
I considered bidding on it but ultimately decided against it. Even if the price remained low, the shipping would have been quite a bit either.

I'll have to say this though, the last couple of "project lights" like this sat half restored in my garage for a year until I had the time to finish the restoration.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay (listing ended) « Reply #41 on: October 30, 2020, 11:47:19 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I think the situation that I described above happened with a late 1930s early 1940s halfpiper fluorescent fixture that I see on eBay. I believe the seller who is not that much of a lighting enthusiast bought the fixture on eBay or won it off eBay and possibly trashed the old preheat ballasts and old fluorescent lamps that might have come with it just to convert it to LED. I get really upset when I read about people who trash vintage lamps and ballasts from old fixtures for the sole purpose of converting the fixture to LED.  :curse:

Here is the listing for that fixture:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/292452306295

I am just worried that the same fate might happen with the SLI/H fixture.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay (listing ended) « Reply #42 on: November 01, 2020, 04:28:34 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Anyway, the SLI/H lamp will get scrapped. :curse:

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: 60w SLI/H fixture on eBay (listing ended) « Reply #43 on: November 01, 2020, 07:04:35 PM » Author: joseph_125
Anyway, the SLI/H lamp will get scrapped. :curse:

Did you find out who bought it? If not, how come you knew it got scrapped? I have my doubts it went to someone who didn't know what a SLI lamp was as the light went for quite a bit considering it's condition.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies