Author Topic: Getting an analog camera for taking photos that capture color accurately  (Read 980 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Getting an analog camera for taking photos that capture color accurately « on: October 23, 2020, 05:20:39 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
When I watched Matthew Eagles’ video on low pressure sodium street lighting, he says that analog cameras do a better job at capturing color accurately while digital cameras capture color less accurately. are there any members here who take photos of their light bulbs with analog cameras?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Getting an analog camera for taking photos that capture color accurately « Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 10:40:03 PM » Author: Binarix128
Are you referring to photochemical film cameras or analog electronic cameras that work on NTSC or PAL format?
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Getting an analog camera for taking photos that capture color accurately « Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 11:17:59 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Are you referring to photochemical film cameras or analog electronic cameras that work on NTSC or PAL format?

I am talking about photochemical film cameras.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Getting an analog camera for taking photos that capture color accurately « Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 11:34:38 PM » Author: Binarix128
I am talking about photochemical film cameras.
Silver halide pigments and a digital camera sensor will capture the image in red, green and blue dots, without much difference. The accuracy of the color of your digital camera will depend on the image encoding and your camera sensor quality.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Getting an analog camera for taking photos that capture color accurately « Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 11:50:45 PM » Author: dor123
Modern digital cameras uses CMOS sensor. Older digital cameras used CCD sensor. I don't know which of them have higher quality.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Getting an analog camera for taking photos that capture color accurately « Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 11:52:55 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I am trying to capture the actual golden yellow color of LPS lamps when they are illuminated and also the pinkish white color of /DX mercury lamps.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Getting an analog camera for taking photos that capture color accurately « Reply #6 on: October 24, 2020, 01:15:53 AM » Author: Medved
Modern digital cameras uses CMOS sensor. Older digital cameras used CCD sensor. I don't know which of them have higher quality.

The CMOS sensor cell itself may have its weaknesses (smaller dynamic range, larger sensitivity tolerance), but the CMOS process allows to use more complex shutter schemes, which are able to compensate the drawbecks to an extend normal photos mostly end up in a better quality.

But mainly the shutter artifacts around moving or fast flashing objects (stroboscopic effects) are just different, so may seem unpredictable in some modes. It is given mainly by the variability of the shutter schemes (these include summing multiple exposures of certain frame areas).
Film, as well as CCD have fixed shutter scheme, which are easier to understand so you may utilize them in some special arrangements.
The CMOS variability makes it harder to understand all and the lower dynamic range does not allow to fix just one shutter scheme, so utilize the shutter effects in an artistic composition is way harder.
But here we are really talking about special artistic compositions.
For normal photos you will never see these disadvantages.

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies