Author Topic: Please Post Your Christmas Light Sets  (Read 3715 times)
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Please Post Your Christmas Light Sets « Reply #15 on: November 17, 2020, 09:06:16 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
There are some houses near me that have their lights up...and on...already.
I have a portion of my lights up (behind on getting it done). But they're not on yet, even if I was done putting up (and had all the programming done), its still too early to turn on.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Please Post Your Christmas Light Sets « Reply #16 on: November 18, 2020, 06:51:24 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
There are some houses near me that have their lights up...and on...already.
I have a portion of my lights up (behind on getting it done). But they're not on yet, even if I was done putting up (and had all the programming done), its still too early to turn on.

Think People Are Putting Up Their Christmas Lights Early In Support Of The Nurses and Doctors.......

I LOVE Bulbs, Be They The Light up Kind or the Ones That Grow...

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Please Post Your Christmas Light Sets « Reply #17 on: November 18, 2020, 07:57:38 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: Bubbler Tube
Think People Are Putting Up Their Christmas Lights Early In Support Of The Nurses and Doctors.......
That would make sense, and certanily would be a valid reason to turn them on early...

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Please Post Your Christmas Light Sets « Reply #18 on: December 06, 2020, 02:36:05 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Are there any parallel christmas light sets in 240v countries like the UK or Australia?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Please Post Your Christmas Light Sets « Reply #19 on: December 06, 2020, 03:04:03 PM » Author: Medved
Are there any parallel christmas light sets in 240v countries like the UK or Australia?

All I have seen are either series, or in case of the new LED ones parallel/series SELV.

No more selfballasted c***

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Please Post Your Christmas Light Sets « Reply #20 on: December 06, 2020, 03:06:32 PM » Author: Binarix128
Probably not, because with 220V you can make a nearly twice longer set with the same standard bulbs, which are cheaper to make. At least here I haven't seen parallel sets or 220V xmas light bulbs.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Please Post Your Christmas Light Sets « Reply #21 on: December 06, 2020, 03:10:56 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Probably not, because with 220V you can make a nearly twice longer set with the same standard bulbs, which are cheaper to make. At least here I haven't seen parallel sets or 220V xmas light bulbs.

As far as I can imagine, you could probably connect 2 US C7/C9 strings in series in 240v countries if you want that classic American look for your Christmas lights.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies