Author Topic: Email notifications  (Read 5466 times)
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Email notifications « Reply #15 on: November 13, 2020, 09:48:28 AM » Author: HPS_250
I’m not sure if this is still an ongoing bug, but I’ve been getting all of my email notifications normally for the past week or so. Posts, gallery photos, and messages all work.

I don’t collect lighting, however I have always been interested!
I enjoy photography, making videos, and will be here to photograph street and outdoor lighting.

Other interests include hiking, nature, biking, as well as identifying and photographing birds and plants.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

The Christmas Lights Are On, But Is Anybody Home..

GoL ATL
Re: Email notifications « Reply #16 on: November 17, 2020, 12:26:47 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
I get email notifications for most (but not all) pictures....

Forget the lights..just give me a good lightning storm & tornado to go watch...

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Email notifications « Reply #17 on: November 17, 2020, 06:38:22 AM » Author: sox35
As I said, sometimes they don't get switched on automatically when someone posts the first reply to a picture. You have to switch it on manually  :-\

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Email notifications « Reply #18 on: November 17, 2020, 07:54:27 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@sox35:
I just looked at that for one of them, and yeas sure enough it wasn't switched on automatically...

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Bodger extraordinaire - When in doubt, bodge.!

Re: Email notifications « Reply #19 on: December 03, 2020, 10:31:08 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Yesterday I thought that they had broken again, but it was just a delay of a few minutes in getting the email through.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love:

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Email notifications « Reply #20 on: December 04, 2020, 12:11:05 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
There is absolutely something wrong with email notifications on newly posted images...this thing where they're not switched on automatically has happened so far with every one I've posted lately, where before it would happen only on an occasional one.

The bug seems to have been introduced around the time that last downgrade was done. Not sure it its something the admins can look at or if its one for Patrick since it might be deeper in the 'software' ?

Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Email notifications « Reply #21 on: December 04, 2020, 02:32:02 AM » Author: Danny
Yeah, i have noticed this seems to of got worse again too, i thought i had no comments on my last couple of batches of pictures i uploaded until i went into my Gallery and onto Last comments to discover there was a tonne of comments i had not known about!
Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Email notifications « Reply #22 on: December 06, 2020, 12:44:43 AM » Author: Patrick
Danny, I sent you a regular email.  Did you receive it by chance?  It didn't bounce. 

So it sounds like notifications are enabled/received sometimes but not others?  There were definitely issues before  First we had the change in the forum setting for email that caused no new pictures to have notifications turned on.  That should have been fixed as of late October.  Then we had the Hotmail server blocking us, which shouldn't be an issue anymore either.  I'd like to resolve this, if we can pinpoint the precise scenario that results in notifications not being sent and how it differs from the case where they are sent.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Email notifications « Reply #23 on: December 06, 2020, 04:39:04 AM » Author: Danny
Yeah i have just checked my Emails and it is there
sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Email notifications « Reply #24 on: December 06, 2020, 08:08:45 AM » Author: sox35
I'm still occasionally getting the issue where new uploads don't get notifications turned on when someone makes the first comment. It's been like that for years on and off, although not as much lately, but it's still happening seemingly at random  ???

It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Email notifications « Reply #25 on: December 09, 2020, 12:44:39 PM » Author: rjluna2
Somehow I am receiving email notification on other people's pages that I have commented at lately.  In the past, I had this turned off.  But, even it is turned off I still get those email comment notification.  I tried to toggle on/off, but I still get notification ???

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Email notifications « Reply #26 on: December 09, 2020, 12:46:22 PM » Author: sox35
I prefer getting them to not getting them. In the past I have missed comments made on my pictures that I would otherwise have seen.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Email notifications « Reply #27 on: December 09, 2020, 12:48:52 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I'm the same, I would much prefer to get notifications which I can ignore, to not getting them when I want to know what's happening.  :wndr:

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Email notifications « Reply #28 on: December 09, 2020, 01:29:30 PM » Author: rjluna2
I'm overwhelmed with these comments email notification.  I rarely check my personal email messages.

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Email notifications « Reply #29 on: December 09, 2020, 01:34:01 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I keep my email inbox folder as clear as possible, the most it gets clogged up with are ebay and paypal notifications.
The ones for here get deleted as soon as I click on the link.

Print 
© 2005-2021 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines