Author Topic: Hello from Norway  (Read 972 times)
PolarLi

View Posts
View Gallery

Hello from Norway « on: October 25, 2020, 06:08:58 PM » Author: PolarLi
Thanks for letting me join!
I'm a big discharge lamp fan, and I have been building several short arc lights for the past 5 years, including the worlds longest throwing flashlight with 103 million candela, using a 500W xenon lamp. Also made a 62 million candela light in a stockpot using a 850W metal halide lamp, and a 350W UHP lamp in a vintage Francis searchlight host, and a couple more.  Anyhow, I stumbled across this forum today and I can't believe how I have not found it before, because it seems to be really good.
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hello from Norway « Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 06:14:38 PM » Author: Jovan
Thanks for letting me join!
I'm a big discharge lamp fan, and I have been building several short arc lights for the past 5 years, including the worlds longest throwing flashlight with 103 million candela, using a 500W xenon lamp. Also made a 62 million candela light in a stockpot using a 850W metal halide lamp, and a 350W UHP lamp in a vintage Francis searchlight host, and a couple more.  Anyhow, I stumbled across this forum today and I can't believe how I have not found it before, because it seems to be really good.
Welcome to the forum.That are great news looks like you've made artificial Sun :)
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE 175w MV

GoL
Re: Hello from Norway « Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 06:14:54 PM » Author: High Intensity
Welcome to LG, Those flashlights you mention sound really cool.

Old lighting is, and will always be, the best lighting.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

Re: Hello from Norway « Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 06:31:22 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Welcome to the wonderful world that is LG from just across the North Sea.  :-*

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love:

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hello from Norway « Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 06:32:05 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Welcome to Lighting Gallery! I look forward to seeing your uploads. That flashlight sounds awesome. Would it light up a spot on the clouds at night?

Administrator #5

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID lamp and fixture collector.

Re: Hello from Norway « Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 06:54:33 PM » Author: HPS_250
Welcome to LG! Iím excited to see more new members joining this great site.  ;D

I like all kinds of lighting and electrical, except for LED, which I classify as a disease.
- HID lamp and fixture collector
- Vintage incandescent lamp collector
Power Company: Southern California Edison
Proudly suffering from Westinghouse Lifeguard sickness since 2019.
Save the sodium lamps!

PolarLi

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hello from Norway « Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 07:12:50 PM » Author: PolarLi
Thanks guys!

Would it light up a spot on the clouds at night?

For sure  :bulbman: And these are my two first builds, my latest had almost twice the candela.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hello from Norway « Reply #7 on: October 25, 2020, 08:11:08 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Wow that is waaay cooler looking than i was expecting. Looks like they can almost light up the dark side of the moon

Administrator #5

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Hello from Norway « Reply #8 on: October 26, 2020, 08:14:44 AM » Author: rjluna2
Welcome aboard, PolarLi :)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

Re: Hello from Norway « Reply #9 on: October 26, 2020, 11:37:08 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Wow.! If you shine them out over the North Sea we might see them from here.  :lol:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love:

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Hello from Norway « Reply #10 on: October 26, 2020, 03:28:32 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Welcome PolarLi, Iíd love to see Norway itís a beautiful country, my favourite singer is Norwegian  ;), and I might be wrong but I think you may be the first LG member from Norway?
Anyway welcome to the site

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hello from Norway « Reply #11 on: October 26, 2020, 07:49:19 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Welcome to LG !!!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Hello from Norway « Reply #12 on: October 27, 2020, 08:26:36 PM » Author: BT25
Welcome to LG! Part of my heritage comes from Norway! 8)

Formerly known as WestinghouseCeramalux.

Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease...it's nothing to fear...one can treat it by buying more! :poof:  I've been dealing with it since age 5, and I still feel fine! :lol: :lol: :lol:

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

Re: Hello from Norway « Reply #13 on: November 01, 2020, 12:14:23 AM » Author: sox35
Hi from the north-east of Scotland..! I usually say the frozen north-east, but I'm betting it's a lot colder and snowier there than here  :lol:

Ria  :love:

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines