Author Topic: Lowes General Electric Lighting Collection  (Read 1330 times)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Lowes General Electric Lighting Collection « on: October 08, 2020, 09:00:48 PM » Author: CEB1993
Hi all, I am excited to announce the official beginning of my career in lighting. I have taken a position in electrical/lighting at my local Lowes to gain customer service experience, learn more about today's modern lighting products, and possibly have the opportunity to co-op with local electrical businesses during my tenure.

Lowes has a really impressive line of General Electric lighting products. GE now has four distinct categories of LED light bulbs.

Basic: Entry level lighting. Plastic LED lamps with standard lumens levels and light quality. Often sold in bulk packs and meant for contractors and builders.

Classic: Classic glass lamps with "good" light quality. Meant for homeowners on a budget.

HD Relax/Refresh: Classic glass lamps with "better" light quality and improved CRI. Available in Relax (pleasant soft white) and Refresh (energizing daylight) These look exactly like classic incandescent bulbs and feature LED filaments.

Reveal: Classic glass lamps with "the best" light quality. These have excellent CRI and the best definition of patterns and designs. Reds and greens appear particularly vivid with these bulbs. The glass is no longer neodymium infused. Rather, the LED filaments are tuned to produce high CRI light.

I'm glad to see GE is still a strong competitor in the LED lighting segment.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Lowes General Electric Lighting Collection « Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 11:47:58 AM » Author: HPS_250
Hi all, I am excited to announce the official beginning of my career in lighting. I have taken a position in electrical/lighting at my local Lowes to gain customer service experience, learn more about today's modern lighting products, and possibly have the opportunity to co-op with local electrical businesses during my tenure.

Lowes has a really impressive line of General Electric lighting products. GE now has four distinct categories of LED light bulbs.

Basic: Entry level lighting. Plastic LED lamps with standard lumens levels and light quality. Often sold in bulk packs and meant for contractors and builders.

Classic: Classic glass lamps with "good" light quality. Meant for homeowners on a budget.

HD Relax/Refresh: Classic glass lamps with "better" light quality and improved CRI. Available in Relax (pleasant soft white) and Refresh (energizing daylight) These look exactly like classic incandescent bulbs and feature LED filaments.

Reveal: Classic glass lamps with "the best" light quality. These have excellent CRI and the best definition of patterns and designs. Reds and greens appear particularly vivid with these bulbs. The glass is no longer neodymium infused. Rather, the LED filaments are tuned to produce high CRI light.

I'm glad to see GE is still a strong competitor in the LED lighting segment.

Congratulations on your new job!  :)
GE does seem to have a good line-up of LED lamps, which are decent quality. Do they still sell any GE incandescent or HID lamps at the Lowes you are working for?

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Lowes General Electric Lighting Collection « Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 06:17:06 PM » Author: CEB1993

Congratulations on your new job!  :)
GE does seem to have a good line-up of LED lamps, which are decent quality. Do they still sell any GE incandescent or HID lamps at the Lowes you are working for?

Thank you  :) Yes, we still have a pretty good selection of incandescent, halogen, and HID lamps in my section. We have GE 150 and 200 watt A21's and GE 3-way incandescents. We have a few GE incandescent appliance bulbs type B (flame) bulbs and ceiling fan bulbs with the intermediate bases. The T3 halogens are made by Feit and I've heard they're pretty poor quality. However, the HID and fluorescent lineup is still strong. There are a few Hungarian made metal halide lamps that seem to be excellent quality. Many of the GE fluorescents and linear LED fluorescent replacements are still USA made. I feel really good about the products I'm in charge of  :)

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Re: Lowes General Electric Lighting Collection « Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 04:17:38 PM » Author: nogden
Congratulations! Hope your job goes well.

Just curious, are GE fluorescent tubes still readily available at Lowe's? I looked up some F40T12 3500K tubes on Lowe's site and it looked like they were on clearance sale.

-Nelson
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lowes General Electric Lighting Collection « Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 08:33:01 PM » Author: High Intensity
I was at Lowes the other day and bought a bunch of GE warm white tubes that were on clearance (over 75% off), some GE LED tubes were on clearance too. I think they might be slimming down their fluorescent stock, possibly to make more room for LEDs.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Lowes General Electric Lighting Collection « Reply #5 on: October 28, 2020, 08:38:57 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I might have to stop by Lowes sometime & see if there's any clearances at the store here..

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lowes General Electric Lighting Collection « Reply #6 on: October 28, 2020, 09:49:22 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Congratulations Camden!
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies