Author Topic: So uh.. Fish with fur exist apparently..?  (Read 2069 times)
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

So uh.. Fish with fur exist apparently..? « on: October 31, 2020, 09:05:20 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Its called the fur-bearing trout and looks like a fish in a fur coat. Wont find this on my plate :sick: . still not sure if this is actually real

See attachment

Administrator #5

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: So uh.. Fish with fur exist apparently..? « Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 09:07:18 PM » Author: Binarix128
Seems to be an art exhibition rather than a real living specimen to me...

Even if it is real... Why would you need a fur coating in the sea?  :lol:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 09:09:54 PM by Binarix128 » Logged
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: So uh.. Fish with fur exist apparently..? « Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 09:09:43 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Seems to be an art exhibition rather than a real living specimen to me...

I sure hope that's what it is! Imagine the smell? :lol:

Administrator #5

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: So uh.. Fish with fur exist apparently..? « Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 09:13:13 PM » Author: Binarix128
I sure hope that's what it is! Imagine the smell? :lol:
Well, nothing too different than hake smell I think.  ;D
Wont find this on my plate :sick:
I could actually try it, but without fur of course.  :mrg:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 09:17:15 PM by Binarix128 » Logged
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: So uh.. Fish with fur exist apparently..? « Reply #4 on: October 31, 2020, 11:02:29 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
The fur is there to "tickle your taste buds "!  :lol:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: So uh.. Fish with fur exist apparently..? « Reply #5 on: October 31, 2020, 11:03:03 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Looks completely fake to me. .LOL. ...
That or a fish infected with a very bad case of fungus.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: So uh.. Fish with fur exist apparently..? « Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 11:08:27 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
It's definitely fake , look it up

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: So uh.. Fish with fur exist apparently..? « Reply #7 on: October 31, 2020, 11:23:56 PM » Author: Binarix128
That or a fish infected with a very bad case of fungus.
In that case definitely won't try it.  :lol: @-@
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: So uh.. Fish with fur exist apparently..? « Reply #8 on: November 01, 2020, 08:12:03 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Definitely fake, imagine reeling this in!

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: So uh.. Fish with fur exist apparently..? « Reply #9 on: November 01, 2020, 06:40:24 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Glad it hear its fake lol. Would definitely be one of those "throw it back in" fish

Administrator #5

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: So uh.. Fish with fur exist apparently..? « Reply #10 on: November 02, 2020, 01:15:32 AM » Author: tolivac
The hair would cause drag to the fish as it tries to swim!Fish Don't normally have hair follicules!
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: So uh.. Fish with fur exist apparently..? « Reply #11 on: November 02, 2020, 01:49:09 AM » Author: Medved
To be honest, I dont see any way how the fur could be of any advantage underwater. And any feature, if being a disadvantage, gets wiped out by the evolution:
From time to time there happens a genetic defect making the fur missing (either on some spot or at some age within the reproduction cycle). That missing drag would make that individual to strive better, so make him more likely to survive and reproduce, passing the "missing fur gene" to the next generation andso on.
See many sea mamals, all evolved from land ones, which likely had some fur before going into water.

No more selfballasted c***

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: So uh.. Fish with fur exist apparently..? « Reply #12 on: November 02, 2020, 08:44:09 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Another thing to remember...nearly all fish are cold-blooded. They don't need to 'stay warm' or anything like furry animals do.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: So uh.. Fish with fur exist apparently..? « Reply #13 on: November 03, 2020, 02:38:27 AM » Author: Medved
Another thing to remember...nearly all fish are cold-blooded. They don't need to 'stay warm' or anything like furry animals do.

Well, for smaller animal it is the only way to not spend all energy they get from food on just keeping warm. Normally most living forms are limited by the energy income, so can not afford to send it on just keeping warm. Either they grow insulation (that is very limited underwater - the fur need gas to work at all, so only the layer of fat remains; but the fat needs a lot of energy to build up, so it must do double duty as at least the energy reservoir), or they live with body temperature close to the ambient.
Only huge animals (dolphins are practically the smallest warm blooded animals living in water) may get away on the fact the surface isnt that big compare to the overall size of the animal, so the waste heat of all the fiziological processes is enough to keep them warm, sufficing with the fat layer as an insulation.

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies