Author Topic: Inability to view attached YouTube videos in fullscreen  (Read 899 times)
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz; 480i59.94 NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Inability to view attached YouTube videos in fullscreen « on: November 03, 2020, 10:49:39 AM » Author: Binarix128
Having the ability to use the full screen option of the attached player would be very handy, for looking at the video with more detail and for watch videos from phone devices easily.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 06:45:53 PM by Binarix128 » Logged

LED will never beat other lamps. :inc: :hps: :mv:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Full screen for YouTube videos « Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 12:54:13 PM » Author: Rommie
I must confess I've gone off using Youtube recently, they're starting to insist on accepting cookies every time I go on to the site. I have my browser set to delete all cookies every time I close it down and it gets annoying. I refuse to let Google into my life any more than absolutely necessary, and all this privacy intrusion that sites seem to do these days isn't on  >:(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Full screen for YouTube videos « Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 01:31:12 PM » Author: joseph_125
I wonder if it's a Youtube issue. The full screen button is still there but it seemed to have been disabled.

To be honest I feel all of the FAANG (Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, Google) big tech companies are similar in that regard. There's a saying online: "if the product is free than you're the product".
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Full screen for YouTube videos « Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 03:21:52 PM » Author: Binarix128
I'm actually speaking about the plugin for attached videos here in the site that have that full screen issue, not of the site itself.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Full screen for YouTube videos « Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 03:23:37 PM » Author: Rommie
Ah, ok.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Full screen for YouTube videos « Reply #5 on: November 03, 2020, 04:00:36 PM » Author: Binarix128
All the FAANG gang do the same: You are the product. The gang have two main purposes, spy you as much as possible and "control" your mind.

First of all, the spying:
The gang will guide you to enable things like the location, activity logs, ad customizations, "anonymous" statistics for "improve your experience", automatic backups and so on. They will invite you to try their last products like voice assistants, search by image, software or firmware updates and "smart" physical things like "security" cameras or bells, "smart" light bulbs, home assistants and computers like chromecast or chromebooks with their spyware incorporated of course.

They will sell you those products by statements like "they will enhance your life", or in case of software "you will get a bad experience or your device will not work correctly if you disable <insert thing>".

Of course there are a lot of things that I am missing there, but those are the main of the ones I know.

The mind "control"
Because they have a very big domain over the internet and people trust them, they can choose whatever they want to people think just by tweaking the first result page a bit, or letting their recommendation algorithms to slowly guide you to their thoughts, so whenever you look for an "x" thing they will guide you to "n" things, and then you will thing "I'm wrong looking for x, I should go and keep with n as they say".

Print 
© 2005-2021 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines