Author Topic: Thorn 135w SOX lamp with stolen James Hooker image  (Read 960 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Thorn 135w SOX lamp with stolen James Hooker image « on: November 06, 2020, 10:54:17 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I found this 135w Thorn SOX lamp on eBay and the image seems to show two pictures that appear to be stolen directly off James Hooker’s website lamptech.co.uk. Should this seller face any legal trouble for copyright infringement?

Here is the listing shown below:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113634819044

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Thorn 135w SOX lamp with stolen James Hooker image « Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 11:09:04 PM » Author: Binarix128
It depends of how his material is licensed. If copyrighted, any unauthorised use by himself is in trouble, with creative commons licenses basically you can use the material but with its credits, with public domain license you can use the material as you want without the need of credits. That's a big simplification, there are loads of different licenses, those are the main ones I know.

Because I see no credits for the pictures, probably he just stole the pictures without knowing the licenses attached to it.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 11:11:05 PM by Binarix128 » Logged
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Thorn 135w SOX lamp with stolen James Hooker image « Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 11:19:55 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Unfortunately , if James' photos aren't copyrighted there's not a lot anyone can do. Any photo that's here on LG that's not in a private album can be seen and used by anyone on the web as long as the owner doesn't have a copyright symbol or other copyright info on them ! There has been multiple eBay listings that have had photos that came from LG

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Thorn 135w SOX lamp with stolen James Hooker image « Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 01:57:21 AM » Author: joseph_125
There's a copyright notice on the bottom of the home page of his website but I don't think there's on the other pages on any watermarks on the individual images.

Yeah I've seen pictures from LG show up on eBay listing before too.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies