Author Topic: Automotive Reverse Lights  (Read 718 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Automotive Reverse Lights « Reply #15 on: May 02, 2024, 10:28:27 PM » Author: Cole D.
Maybe I’m going off topic but after years of not having them, I’ve loved having a backup camera and sensors on my current  car. Especially how it alerts me if cars are coming crossways from either direction, particularly when I’m parked next to a large vehicle and can’t see who is coming.

I don’t rely on it, but it definitely helps instill confidence, especially given the anxiety I have at times.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Automotive Reverse Lights « Reply #16 on: May 03, 2024, 03:43:08 AM » Author: Rommie
Same here, I've always been crap at reversing  :lol:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Automotive Reverse Lights « Reply #17 on: May 03, 2024, 06:34:52 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Best way to reverse is like the HGV driver’s do, use your mirrors!, not the stupid way they teach you on your test, turning around and looking over your shoulder!, that idiotic way needs removing from the driving test now!
I once pulled up on a caravan site at 10 pm and went the wrong way!, I successfully reversed using my mirrors, with the caravan on the back, the full length of the site, in the dark!

With a bit of practice it became second nature!, I never look over my shoulder anymore while reversing.  8)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Automotive Reverse Lights « Reply #18 on: May 03, 2024, 12:10:46 PM » Author: Rommie
I've always reversed like that as well. My current car has a video screen which helps, but I don't rely on it. As I said, I've always been crap at reversing, but I'd be totally screwed with a caravan..! I've only ever driven with something on tow once, when I was taxi driving. I had to take a trailer load of bonded luggage from Birmingham Airport to Gatwick after a flight got diverted. The customs lot loaded it all up, sealed it with umpteen seals and locks, and told me "Don't stop for anybody. If the police pull you over, don't let them open it, get them to call us..!"

Fortunately I managed the whole trip there and back without getting pulled and without having to reverse..! The car was an old shape Ford Granada, lovely old thing it was.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Automotive Reverse Lights « Reply #19 on: May 06, 2024, 11:47:06 PM » Author: Medved
My experience with "sensors" is they are completely useless, at least in the environment where I was driving so far. Going nuts for every straw of grass and not "seeing" real obstacles like e.g. rocks, annoying beeping all the time. The system has just too little information to make any sense of it. You just have no idea what the thing is responding to.
The camera is completely different animal: You can see what actually is there and most important you can very clearly see where you do not see anything anymore, where its limitation is.

And for reversing, there is one golden rule: Always reverse into any tighter space (like small yard, parking space) unless you make sure there is enough room to turn around, never drive there straight. Because even when you find it beyond your reversing ability, you still can drive out. And usually in a tight space you do not have to worry about any traffic comming from a direction where you do not see anything...

No more selfballasted c***

Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: Automotive Reverse Lights « Reply #20 on: May 12, 2024, 01:07:52 AM » Author: Richmond2000
the DRL thing and "drivers" forgetting there lights is such a big issue in Canada they passed a LAW  that tail lights come on with DRLs OR full lighting turns on at night unless there is NO cluster lighting on without headlights
got a bunch of MACK AN trucks at work and had to reprogram that feature on to be "legal" for sale as the factory did not do it and I have now taken to turning on on all of our mack and Volvo tractors at work
I can back a lorry up using the mirrors and get the trailers straight but if I look through the back window I cant even get the tractor straight to the trailer to hitch up on the first try )-:
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies