Author Topic: Fluorescent lamps ban has come into effect in Europe.  (Read 801 times)
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Fluorescent lamps ban has come into effect in Europe. « on: August 25, 2023, 02:20:41 PM » Author: Michael
Very sad news! Since today the 25. August 2023 fluorescent lamps are banned in Europe!
Andy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fluorescent lamps ban has come into effect in Europe. « Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 02:35:08 PM » Author: Andy
Yes it is a real shame and a disgrace that this has happened.  :curse:
However for us enthusiasts, we probably have a good supply of lamps to last for many years.
Today I just received a nice box of CFLs in several wattages and colours.
Fortunately there will be still be a few years to find plenty of fluorescent lamps on eBay, Gumtree, Facebook marketplace etc. 

I'm always interested in exchanging lamps with others. Send me a message if you would be interested in a trade. :)

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Fluorescent lamps ban has come into effect in Europe. « Reply #2 on: August 26, 2023, 07:12:35 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
According to this document from Feilo-Sylvania, T9 circline fluorescent lamps are exempt from the ban until February 2025:

https://www.sylvania-lighting.com/media/6587/european-legislation-changes-leaflet_en_hr.pdf

« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 07:20:43 AM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Fluorescent lamps ban has come into effect in Europe. « Reply #3 on: September 12, 2023, 11:10:01 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I wonder if fluorescent lamps in the EU will become “rare” within less than 10 years due to businesses being required to recycle all of their NOS banned lamps.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Fluorescent lamps ban has come into effect in Europe. « Reply #4 on: September 12, 2023, 11:13:35 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I haven't heard it going as far as that...  :wndr:
And good luck trying to enforce it...  :police:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Robotjulep

View Posts
View Gallery

HID lighting is the best!!!

Re: Fluorescent lamps ban has come into effect in Europe. « Reply #5 on: September 12, 2023, 09:28:54 PM » Author: Robotjulep
More L*D greenwashing is attacking the lighting industry  :sadbulb:

I collect:
Light bulbs, fixtures, and gear,
Electric motors (Preferably AC induction motors),
Computers,
and Stereo equipment.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fluorescent lamps ban has come into effect in Europe. « Reply #6 on: September 13, 2023, 10:33:45 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Let it go.  Stop the trash talk, it won't do any good. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies